• Administrators
(03-17-2010, 11:16 AM)mrs horner Wrote: hi thank you so much for those numbers im going to call them today. no we havent got the disability living allowance and carers allowance as i didnt think we could get it as we havent had a confirmed diagonsis yet can we apply for them without one?
Yes Disability living allowance is based on care needs rather than a formal diagnosis.
It obviously sounds that you do provide additional care needs to that of another child.
What would you say your average day is?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
(03-17-2010, 11:34 AM)Daniel Wrote:
(03-17-2010, 11:16 AM)mrs horner Wrote: hi thank you so much for those numbers im going to call them today. no we havent got the disability living allowance and carers allowance as i didnt think we could get it as we havent had a confirmed diagonsis yet can we apply for them without one?
Yes Disability living allowance is based on care needs rather than a formal diagnosis.
It obviously sounds that you do provide additional care needs to that of another child.
What would you say your average day is?

hi my average day starts at 6.30am with gettin up with our 2yr old then waking up our son at 7.30 which usually ends up with him shouting and screaming at me, trying to get him to eat breakfast which is no easy task while trying to get our 2yr old to eat as well then having the enormous task of getting him dressed for school which is always a battle.

we try and leave the house at 8:30am but rarely are we out before 8:45 he screams and shouts all the way there. i pick him up at 3:30 which is when he really kicks off and hes like that all the way through until bed which i try to get him to bed for 8:00pm but he rearely goes to sleep before 10pm by this time im in tears and exhausted

• Administrators
So if there was a detailed break down of an average day you could maybe look towards middle rate care,possibly lower rate dependent on how the form is completed?
Did you contact social services today?

• Registered
(03-17-2010, 06:38 PM)Daniel Wrote: So if there was a detailed break down of an average day you could maybe look towards middle rate care,possibly lower rate dependent on how the form is completed?
Did you contact social services today?

i phoned them and left a message and im waiting for them to get back to me, i phoned his psychologist and told him what exactly has been going on and he said that he will contact his play thearpist and have a word with her and see if she has any idea as to what is going on with our son and he is going to call me back tomorrow.

we went round a friends house after school today and he stamped on his friends brother who is 2yrs old beacuse he ''didnt like him'' then proceded to tip a whole bottle of juice over the boys head and he refused to say why he did it or to say sorry i cant take him round there anymore

• Administrators
Maybe suggest that the play threapy includes you and gives you plans to help the real life enviroment.
Social services do take a while so hopefully they can help with things like respite care etc.
Dont be scared to tell them you are finding it difficult its the only way they can help.