• Administrators
Also who is conducting the play threapy?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Moderators
i wish i could say i dont know how you are feeling but i do, all i can say is that as he gets older the moods do usually get further apart and you get to notice when one is coming on. i am lucky in that he doesnt have them in public anymore and if at home i lock myself in bedroom as he doesnt attack anyone but me so hubby is safe and he can bang on door or kick it but i wont open it. i do regularly lie there crying my eyes out and wonder if i should just climb out of bedroom window and not come back Smile but i know deep down he attacks me because he knows how much he is loved and when he has calmed down he gives me a love and doesnt seem to realise what has happened.
while he was younger the only thing that got me through it was having respite once a month as i could relax and not worry i was going to be hit/bit/headbutt. so as Daniel suggests i would get onto s/s and ask for an emergency assessment, they are there to help you, not judge (i used to worry they would try and take matt away guess i read too much about s/s in the news) all they want to do is help to keep him at home but give you the support to do this as that is where he is happiest.
also he can be referred to behavioural services who can help also you can get lessons in how to restrain him without him getting hurt or him able to hurt you
hugs hun, it will get better xxxxx
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
(03-16-2010, 10:14 PM)Daniel Wrote: Also who is conducting the play threapy?

i come under slough borough council, he was refered 2 camms and the child psychologist saw him 4 a year then realised we werent gettin anywhere and he was refered 2 the play thearpist in his department. if you could get me the number that would be great thank you

• Administrators
(03-16-2010, 11:07 PM)mrs horner Wrote:

i come under slough borough council, he was refered 2 camms and the child psychologist saw him 4 a year then realised we werent gettin anywhere and he was refered 2 the play thearpist in his department. if you could get me the number that would be great thank you

For enquiries on children in need, fostering and adoption, child protection, children with disabilities, under 8's services e.g. child minding and daycare etc.

Children and Families Team
Slough Social Services
Town Hall
Bath Road
Slough
SL1 3UQ

E-mail: socialservices@slough.gov.uk

Tel: 01753 690898 or 875591
Out of hours service tel: 01344 786543
Fax: 01753 690801
Minicom: 01753 875030

Opening hours: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm

Give them a call tommorow and ask for them to conduct an assesment on your son and also ask for a carers assesment.

Also can i ask have you got disability living allowance and carers allowance in place?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
hi thank you so much for those numbers im going to call them today. no we havent got the disability living allowance and carers allowance as i didnt think we could get it as we havent had a confirmed diagonsis yet can we apply for them without one?
(03-16-2010, 11:16 PM)Daniel Wrote:
(03-16-2010, 11:07 PM)mrs horner Wrote:

For enquiries on children in need, fostering and adoption, child protection, children with disabilities, under 8's services e.g. child minding and daycare etc.

Children and Families Team
Slough Social Services
Town Hall
Bath Road
Slough
SL1 3UQ

E-mail: socialservices@slough.gov.uk

Tel: 01753 690898 or 875591
Out of hours service tel: 01344 786543
Fax: 01753 690801
Minicom: 01753 875030

Opening hours: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm

Give them a call tommorow and ask for them to conduct an assesment on your son and also ask for a carers assesment.

Also can i ask have you got disability living allowance and carers allowance in place?

thank you so much for those numbers im going to call them today, no we havent got the above in place as we didnt think we could apply as we dont have a confirmed diagnosis yet