• Registered
hi guys as the title thread says i dont think i can cope anymore with our 6yr old son he has bein seein a child psychologist 4 14mths with no answers as to wots going on hes now seein a play thearpist but again with no answers so far im emotionally drained i cry at everythin cause im so tired i get angry over the smallest thins and im at the end of my teather and i dont know what 2 do.

im seein a councillor (sorry cant spell) but i dunno if it going help i love our son more than anythin but its like livin with jekyl and hyde and i cant do it anymore, last monday i 4got 2 take his gloves 2 school 2 pick him up and he went mad called me a b***h and tried 2 punch me in the face thats the 1st time hes done that but not the 1st that hes psycially gone 4 me ive been kicked,slapped,pinched,headbutted and spat at by him and i cant take anymore.

this morinin after his play thearpist left he switched refused 2 go 2 school shouted all manner of thins at me all the way 2 school i was in tears by the time he got there im on my knees and i dont know what 2 do who 2 turn 2

• Administrators
Hi,
I know how hard it can be when things get so intense.
I have days when i want to smash my head against the wall because the house has been so hectic and demanding.
When Euan has his moments of his way or now way and it lasts all day and he makes the other 2 Children cry because he will attack them or steal there toys because he doesnt want them to play or when Euan is hurting us by hitting us it gets intense here so please bear in mind you are not alone in feeling down about things and its a natural feeling.
At least you have spoken about it and not hiding these feelings because then you cannot get the help you need.

Have you had an assesment by social services yet to look at options such as respite care or direct payments to give you a break once in a while?
The sad thing is that there is no magic cure and i cant say it will end because most of the time it does not however i feel given the right support you will be able to manage your lifestyle in an easier way.
Do remember it is nothing you are doing wrong and it is upto your healthcare proffesionals and social services to assist you.
Also have you got a portage worker to come into your home and do the play threapy there and include you both?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Ive been where you are and my suggestion would be to stop putting so much pressure on yourself and on him. His head probably feels like its going explode with all the therapy etc plus he can see mums stressed with him too. Take a step back, a deep breath and try to see your boy again as a little boy who can't make sense of all the data in his head. Stop expecting yourself to be perfect..nobody is. Could you perhaps take a day for just the two of you to do something calm and pleasant together so you can chat and be normal? Let him know that you love spending time with him and see what you get back. Little steps eventually reap rewards..honest. xxx

• Registered
(03-16-2010, 09:29 PM)Daniel Wrote: Hi,
I have days when i want to smash my head against the wall because the house has been so hectic and demanding.
When Euan has his moments of his way or now way and it lasts all day and he makes the other 2 Children cry because he will attack them or steal there toys because he doesnt want them to play or when Euan is hurting us by hitting us it gets intense here so please bear in mind you are not alone in feeling down about things and its a natural feeling.
At least you have spoken about it and not hiding these feelings because then you cannot get the help you need.

Have you had an assesment by social services yet to look at options such as respite care or direct payments to give you a break once in a while?
The sad thing is that there is no magic cure and i cant say it will end because most of the time it does not however i feel given the right support you will be able to manage your lifestyle in an easier way.
Do remember it is nothing you are doing wrong and it is upto your healthcare proffesionals and social services to assist you.
Also have you got a portage worker to come into your home and do the play threapy there and include you both?

hi daniel no we havent had an assesment by social services as i didnt know we could as we still havent got a firm diagnosis as 2 what is going on with our son, he has play thearpy at home but me and my husband are not allowed 2 b in the room wen hes havin it. i just dont know what 2 do ive tried havin 1-1 time with him but he kicks off over the smallest thins and im scared that if he kicks off in public i wont b able 2 handle him how do i go about contacting social services?

• Administrators
(03-16-2010, 10:07 PM)mrs horner Wrote:
(03-16-2010, 09:29 PM)Daniel Wrote: Hi,

hi daniel no we havent had an assesment by social services as i didnt know we could as we still havent got a firm diagnosis as 2 what is going on with our son, he has play thearpy at home but me and my husband are not allowed 2 b in the room wen hes havin it. i just dont know what 2 do ive tried havin 1-1 time with him but he kicks off over the smallest thins and im scared that if he kicks off in public i wont b able 2 handle him how do i go about contacting social services?

What council do you come under and ill get you the number to self refer for a carers and child assesment.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE