• VIP
first question, direct payments can these go towards some one having charlie one day a week or 2 mornins etc?? if not what can they go towards??

second question, a disabled badge is that for children over 3? (just what sum1 said to me earlier today)

xxx

becky x
Heart my 2 boys so much

• Moderators
first answer yes direct payments can be used to pay somebody to be charlie's "personal assistant" depending on how many hours a month you receive will be how many days/mornings you can hire someone. there are ppl who can help you with the tax and insurance bumph

second answer if your child is over 2 yrs old and getting high rate mobility then you can get a blue badge it is easier if you have a gp or consultant to back this up, if there is another way i dont know about it.
corinne 22
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
thanx corrine xx ur a star Smile
would i effectivly be employing some body?? and woulod i have to pay ni n tax??
Heart my 2 boys so much

• Moderators
this is where you would be better getting someone to help you sort that stuff, m8 who has direct payments has hired someone who is self employed already so they sort out their own tax and ni, disability solutions do it round here but whoever has arranged your direct payments will be able to tell you who does this in your area. they will also be able to help you find somebody if you dont have someone already in mind. once you get sorted its good its just getting going that can stress you out Big Grin but it is worth it, you can either have someone to come into the home while you go out or have them take charlie for a walk so u can have a rest thats the good thing its your choice
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
I use direct payments to hire my mum to look after my son one night a week.
I use a payroll service. They work out the tax, national insurance, etc, and send me the paper work. I then write the cheques.
You need to keep all your paper work togethor as you will be audited every now and again.
As an employer you there are certain employment laws you are governed by.
As part of this you need to write a proper job description, get insurance, etc.
Someone from the direct payments team where you are will be able to help you with all of that.
This attachment has some useful info -
Dodgy