• Registered
youtube set off the fattys thing - my older son showed him a clip of this huge woman doing dancing and purposefully falling over and it just amazed him. better than when he went through a swearing phase. the thing is he seems to have no shame.

in the summer i took him to town with me and to asda, he was very ad behaved and when i let him choose a toy i also grabbed everything i needed quickly. he put his toy on the counter and turned to me and said 'you not need that' and knocked everything out of my hands. it was so embrassing. on the way home i was beyond fed up but just kept quiet, he was overjoyed with his toy and all the paddying and meltdowns and bad behaviour was forgotten for him. so with his toy in one hand and me holding the other we walked home and me looking in windows and stuff because i was still really buggered off. he started to say 'i love you. you my best friend. you my family' - my heart just melted and i turned to him and said 'that's lovely...' but was cut off after i quickly realised HE WAS TALKING TO HIS TOY.

• VIP
My DS is 3 tomorrow and has delayed speech! We took him to the Zoo yesterday and were watching to sealions, underwater viewing. He pointed at the tank and said watie (water) (proud mummy for his word) Then he pointed at a pile of poo at the bottom and announced poo in a very loud and clear voice. Much to everyone elses ammusement!

I spoke to another mother of a speech delayed child and she said she got disapproving looks for racing through Sainsburys to get her child a doughnut just because they had asked for it.

• Registered
(10-24-2009, 06:45 AM)chucky egg Wrote: My DS is 3 tomorrow and has delayed speech! We took him to the Zoo yesterday and were watching to sealions, underwater viewing. He pointed at the tank and said watie (water) (proud mummy for his word) Then he pointed at a pile of poo at the bottom and announced poo in a very loud and clear voice. Much to everyone elses ammusement!

I spoke to another mother of a speech delayed child and she said she got disapproving looks for racing through Sainsburys to get her child a doughnut just because they had asked for it.

im also a person to publicly bend over backwards to get my child what they have asked for. i see other mums screaming at their children that they mustnt dare ask for something - and i think why bring them it obvious they are going to want something. in our tesco they have these toy cars on the front of the trolley they are great, my daughter loved it and ate cheese all the way round which my partner had taken from the free samples stand (nearly a full block of cheese). i think ive been embrassed enough in my lifetime as i dont care what others think anymore. my daughter one managed to whip her nappy off from under her skirt (she was freshly changed i swear) it was so full and she had had a little poo. she loudly announced 'PHEW' - to which every one looked and sawBlush.

my oldest son when he was 3 (has no learning difficulties) was almost potty trained. and in the chemist i was chatting to an old friend who i hadnt seen for ages, my son pulled on my arm and said he needed a wee and said i would take him round the corner in a moment. but i carried on chatting and we moved to the door and i was still talking and forgot about itBlush. the chemist had a huge glass window that was the front of the chemist and my friend screamed loudly and then was laughing - all the staff came to look at my little boy peeing up the glass window as high as he could aim it. i was in shock and i thought what do i do? - say sorry? - offer to clean it? - in the end i just picked him up and ran offAngel. and we didnt go back for ages.

• Registered
my son has some of those 'silly and dangerous' shoes with the wheels underneath (i didnt get them his dad did), he can only wear them when we go to the park. not sure what they are called 'wheelies'? my son calls them 'escaping shoes' - lol.

on my facebook i play this game called hatchlings and you can collect different eggs that hatch into animals and stuff - i got a unicorn which my son called a 'cornfield'.

• Administrators
Oh my goodness this thread makes me chuckle, my son had a speech delay, when he first actually started we would give him anything that he asked for just because we were so chuffed he had actually said a word! he is a particular fan of little figures and potato! the maccys drive thru by us must think that chips is all we eat as every time he sees the big M he shouts tato tato........

My daughter has no shame at all she often just tells people exactly what she thinks (much to my embarassment) I walked into a bus stop once and there was a very old man sitting there, she refused to sit by him and announcing to a very full bus stop that he smelled of wee :S cringe (she was only 2 or 3 at the time) even now she can't seem to ask things quietly such as ''why is that man walking funny'' before cracking up laughing when the poor bloke clearly is disabled. When you tell her to shhh! and explain why she only gets louder stating ''its still funny'' :/ .

She also has a habbit of correcting people including adults and teachers. Her school reports often state how she has to be reminded she is not the teacher! and once she walked up to a mother of a child in her dancing class who was putting her Children in the car and stating it is 'against the law' to put her daughter in the front seat :S another cringe moment.

She keeps us entertained although as you can imagine, it can wear my patience thin at times and is deadly embarassing at the time, but looking back does make me chuckle. Big Grin She most certainly takes after her father Big Grin

Lucy xx