• Registered
i hope to start a lighthearted thread to make you laugh and smile, each of us can post when your child has done or said something funny.

such as my son who is nearly 6 and has asd/adhd doesnt have a trampoline in the back garden he has a 'jumpoline'.

my daughter who is 3 1/2 with diagnosis of autism and has very poor speech likes to say 'delicious' when eatting something she enjoys. followed by a 'mmmmmm'. so while us sitting on my bed with our kitten who was cleaning itself - she said 'delicious mmmmmm'. which made me laugh as she must have thought the cat found its fur tasty.

my sons hair an only be described as a pinapple - lol. but he hates me touching it but i cannot send him to school with it all stuck up so it usually involves me chasing him with lots of hair gel or bribeing him to let me brush it. he hates having it cut so this time it got really long again - how that much hair can stand up at the back on the morning is beyond me. i used to try to wash it the night before and it wasnt too bad to stick down (even though he has a complete screaming meltdown - him looking less like spikey fruit is worth it). then for a while he wouldnt let me wash his hair and sticking it down was getting impossible one morning it was so bad i was dreading it. as it happened he wasnt feeling well (nothing bad just a bit of cold) so i let him have the day off as he seemed still tired. i said out loud but not really to him 'im glad you havent gone to school with your chuffing hair like that' (i dont usually talk like that but it just came out of my mouth) to which he suddenly replied 'IT'S NOT A CHUFFING - ITS MY HAIR AND I WANT TO WEAR IT'.

so i would love to hear others and what there children has said and done, hopefully it will be a popular threadSmile

• Administrators
hehe Children do say funny things, my little boy keeps saying everyone is naughty even if its him playing up. he just keeps saying ''mommy naughty'' alll the time! people must think I torture him! He also chooses not to say words and people think he can't but he tells you he can't say them (which obviously means he can!!) for instance his sister has a wrestling figure called 'john cena' n he walks round saying ceena ceeena, emily said to my mom ''he can't say john thats why he calls him cena'' and my mom said is that right euan, you can't say john....he replied ''yeah...no john...ceeeena!!!'' its just in his head it doesn't sound right lol. He cracks us all up alll the time, with his funny dances.

I remember once aswell at xmas my daughter was shopping with us (she was probably about 4) and there was a man collecting for charity dressed as santa.....she stopped infront of him and said ''thats the SKINNIEST santa I've ever seen!!!'' in the loudest voice....the poor man went bright red, everyone in the shopping centre laughed! he didn't know where to put himself!!!

Lucy xx

p.s I have been told by a few people I know who have children with ASD that their children hate having their hair cut but will allow it to be shaved with clippers.....not sure its the vibrating feeling that the clippers give off! have you ever tried that??

• Registered
he will have hie hair cut but only with his dad, he has it short at the moment thankfully.

my son can say back-pack but it must not sound right to him as he will only say pack-pack then its over and over. when i say pack-pack i feel strange because it doesnt sound right. and at the moment with halloween 'vampire' is said as PAM-PIRE.

today we went for a walk and my two boys were holding hands (how sweet to say ones nearly 6 and my oldest son is 10- but our oldest son act more like a dad to him than a brother If you know what I mean ). and they were chatting and my oldest son was trying to learning him new words. but they were both laughing as my son had said lamp-toast instead of lamp-post.

my daughter couldnt wait to go for a walk and kept getting everyone there shoes and she got everyones right except for her dads who ended up with fifi wellies.

• Administrators
(10-18-2009, 09:38 PM)becky28 Wrote: he will have hie hair cut but only with his dad, he has it short at the moment thankfully.

my son can say back-pack but it must not sound right to him as he will only say pack-pack then its over and over. when i say pack-pack i feel strange because it doesnt sound right. and at the moment with halloween 'vampire' is said as PAM-PIRE.

today we went for a walk and my two boys were holding hands (how sweet to say ones nearly 6 and my oldest son is 10- but our oldest son act more like a dad to him than a brother If you know what I mean ). and they were chatting and my oldest son was trying to learning him new words. but they were both laughing as my son had said lamp-toast instead of lamp-post.

my daughter couldnt wait to go for a walk and kept getting everyone there shoes and she got everyones right except for her dads who ended up with fifi wellies.

Bless your 10 year old son for still taking the time to care Wink
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
i know hes an angel, i didnt make him that way but hes alway been so mature and grown up. i make sure hes well spoiled though he goes off to grandma's at the weekend where hes building a huge lego city (which he wouldnt beable to do here). and we have a night out once a month just me and him at the pictures.