• VIP
Thanks for all your replies. I've started filling in the form - Jack's Portage lady came yesterday to discuss it and I'm now halfway through it. I think my husband finds it very hard though as, like you say, you have to be totally honest about the care we need to give Jack - compared with another child his age without disabilities. My hubby thinks we're putting Jack 'down' and that we're not mentioning the things he can already do - but I've explained that this time it's about what Jack can't do. Thanks again. x

• Moderators
it is very hard to fill these forms in for the first time as like your hubby says where is it we can put about what he can do, matt could so some things earlier than other Children but will still run into the road without thinking if we dont watch him and he is 16. all you can do is write the stuff down and then forget about it for a while and concentrate on what you son can do and how much he can make you smile ~(glad i dont have to fill mine in for a couple of years again now)
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
Hi Susie,
Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum hope you are finding it useful so far.
You will not have seen me yet as ive been on holiday so just wanted to pop onto the thread and say hello.
If you need any advice with the forms do please let me know and ill do all i can to assist you.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
(03-16-2010, 06:06 PM)Daniel Wrote: Hi Susie,
Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum hope you are finding it useful so far.
You will not have seen me yet as ive been on holiday so just wanted to pop onto the thread and say hello.
If you need any advice with the forms do please let me know and ill do all i can to assist you.

Thanks Daniel. Jack's Portage lady came yesterday and we discussed the form. I've now completed it in note form and will see her at our Portage Nursery Group tomorrow to discuss it again. Exhausting stuff - mentally more than physically! Hope you had a lovely holiday.
(03-16-2010, 08:42 PM)SusieL66 Wrote:
(03-16-2010, 06:06 PM)Daniel Wrote: Hi Susie,

Thanks Daniel. Jack's Portage lady came yesterday and we discussed the form. I've now completed it in note form and will see her at our Portage Nursery Group tomorrow to discuss it again. Exhausting stuff - mentally more than physically! Hope you had a lovely holiday.

PS - I think this Forum is BRILLIANT!! Wish I'd found it sooner. x

• Administrators
Glad you like the site!
Stick around!
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE