• VIP

I was told by Jack's Portage lady to apply for DLA. However, the form (or should I say book!!) arrived today and reading through the notes I see that children under the age of 3 aren't entitled to DLA - Has anyone applied and been successful for a child under this age? At the same time as receiving the form we got a letter from the Paediatrician listing Jack's 'problems' as ASD, Developmental Delay, Hypotonia and Constipation!! Do you think it's worth completing the form at this stage - I really don't know now and to be honest I hadn't even thought of claiming anything for Jack. Can anyone help please?

• VIP
hey x my son isnt entitled to mobility but hes entitled to the care allowance and i get carers id say fill it out n see if you are entitled to it anything is worth a try Smile

becky xx
Heart my 2 boys so much

• Moderators
Hi Susie, like becky said you have to be 3 to claim the mobility part but you should apply for the care side of it. A good idea that Daniel suggests is to keep a diary for about 2 weeks and that way when you are asked how long does this take how often and things like that you have got something to help give an average, if on average it shows that you are up twice a night for an hour each time then put that and not that he slept through the night before you filled the form in if that makes sense Big Grin (i dont always Wink)
if you get stuck there are plenty in here that have filled the forms in a time or two that can help
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
As others stated hun, Any child with disabilitys are entitled to DLA, wether ther under 3 or over 3.
The only time age matters is when it comes to the mobility side of things were you can only claim from the child being 3 and sometimes 5in some cases.
Definatly dont delay in sending in the forms.
Good luck
x
(Also as corinne says, instead of going of the worst day uve ever had with ur child go off an over all average, keep a diary of all the help youve had to give ur children and how long each task has took. Same if ur child needs help during the night.. note down how many times they woke and how long they required ur care in the night, then go off the over all average time limit etc.)
Hope this helps. x

• VIP
(03-12-2010, 03:34 PM)SusieL66 Wrote:
I was told by Jack's Portage lady to apply for DLA. However, the form (or should I say book!!) arrived today and reading through the notes I see that children under the age of 3 aren't entitled to DLA - Has anyone applied and been successful for a child under this age? At the same time as receiving the form we got a letter from the Paediatrician listing Jack's 'problems' as ASD, Developmental Delay, Hypotonia and Constipation!! Do you think it's worth completing the form at this stage - I really don't know now and to be honest I hadn't even thought of claiming anything for Jack. Can anyone help please?

You should definately apply for DLA my son is 1 and suffers from Global Development delay and he receives high rate care.It all depends on what you sons care needs are. Fill in the form,take your time and be honest about the care your son needs you have nothing to lose. Good luck
Mum of 2 lovely boys[Image: smiley-angelic008.gif]

[Image: weight.png]