• Administrators
Yes my 2 fight alllll the time, but I'm having a bit of another problem at the minute. My daughter who is 7 has started to wet the bed and it seems as though it may be on purpose. I'm wondering if she thinks that Euan get extra attension because of his disability and Alfie does because he is a baby. The fact is though that they don't, if anything she gets it especially off her nannies because they will have her over night but not the others because of all the baggage they come with! might start a new thread and see if anyone else has had that problem.

Lucyxx

• Registered
hello
just to let you know our child has the liquid form of melatonin
but we use it very rarley once twice a month
bye bev

• Registered
Hi, Julia is now 10 (August), and sleeping issue is a big problem. She is just like a wee baby, as she will want to play with her toys across her bed sometimes or have her light up teddies on, or her musical sea horse, or winne the pooh night time music thing, all of which sometimes soothe her, but as it is fits that often wake her up, but not always, she manages to get her leg trapped under her, no matter how I try and settle her so that does not happen. I need to sign of to give her, her last feed and change, but the likely hood of much sleep for either of us is limited, to say the least. It's unfair on everyone else as they do hear what is going on,( and two of my others are special needs too, One is a 15 yr old Autistic and Dyspraxic son and a 17 year old Dyspraxic and or (they could never decide) Attention Span Disorder daughter) and I am always so tired. I have a few medical problems and disabilities myself, I think the osteo arthritus, and the diabetis are the worse, as that and my asthma are rather not under control at the moment! Possibly adding to the tiredness!!!!!
She does not go to school, education were suspossed to provide outreach at home, when she was 5 years old but it never happened although we have chased and chased, and are just sick of all the chasing. Do the B.I.B.I.C. programme with her as much as possible, and home education say that is enough, and education say they do not have to provide anything!!!!!!!! Grrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!Still have not even got a working hoist from the ot department, and when any adaptations happen, which has been an ongoing thing since Julia was 6 months, well who knows. Still must go.

• Administrators
Does julia have a gastrostomy button? our son euan is 2 an has one, i used to have to feed him through a pump and really should still be giving him fluid over night but its impossible at the minute he just pulls it out as soon as he realises its on. Have you ever considered asking a charity or organisation to provide you with a hoist? might be quicker than waiting for OT, i know there are a few that provide medical equipment because i was looking for some scales for my son when he was a baby and the only ones suitable are the health visitor style, my Health visitor actually gave me an application for one charity but i didn't apply in the end because he started to sit up and they are no good then. I'm sure i could find you one if your interested or there might even already be a sticky thread in the one of the forum sections.

xx