• Administrators
It is REALLY common for children with ASD to have problems sleeping. I know I've probably said it before on another post but is there any way of you resting during the day when your son is at school so that you are atleast catching up on some sleep that your missing!? sleep depravation is the worst....I find it starts to affect my memory when I've gone a few days with lack of sleep. It does feel like you are going a little crazy, I get all irritable and emotional aswell. Although compared to you guys I feel like I'm having a bit of an easy time of it. I do not know how you are all coping so well with so little sleep (between 3 and 5hours must be awfull!!)

You all deserve a medal Big Grin I think in your situation my hair would be falling out by now

Lucy xx

• Registered
You aren't alone. There is a slow release melatonin too which is meant to help keep them asleep but the bad news its a tablet which you can't crush/dissolve etc so I had no way of getting him to even think about taking it!! What I really hate is those people who see you doing something and say "oh that will tire him out!" - yeah I wish!
Also I was told how he will soon start sleeping when he
- started crawling
- started walking
started talking
started playgroup
started school etc etc

• Administrators
(10-20-2009, 08:00 PM)bessie Wrote: You aren't alone. There is a slow release melatonin too which is meant to help keep them asleep but the bad news its a tablet which you can't crush/dissolve etc so I had no way of getting him to even think about taking it!! What I really hate is those people who see you doing something and say "oh that will tire him out!" - yeah I wish!
- started crawling
- started walking
started talking
started playgroup
started school etc etc
Im sure it will get better once hes running the London Marathon thenAngelBig Grin
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
(10-20-2009, 08:00 PM)bessie Wrote: You aren't alone. There is a slow release melatonin too which is meant to help keep them asleep but the bad news its a tablet which you can't crush/dissolve etc so I had no way of getting him to even think about taking it!! What I really hate is those people who see you doing something and say "oh that will tire him out!" - yeah I wish!
- started crawling
- started walking
started talking
started playgroup
started school etc etc

Yeah ive had that too, letting him play all day in the garden took him swimming late evening or once he started nursery but as for the london marathon i think he manages that each day in the house as he never sits still for more than 2 minutes...lolTongue

• Registered
Hmmm I'd never thought of that I might try it! Mind you it might take us a while what with arguing about the way and stopping - also imagine the tantrums when we didnt win - everyone would have to go back and do it all again just so that we could be first!!