Posts: 110 | Threads: 10
Joined: Oct 2009
Reputation: 0

  • VIP
Hi aadams.mum Smile

I'm from your neck of the woods if you're from Dewsbury area, a couple of miles down the road, small world Smile As everyone else has said your Gp should refer you to the hospital's paediatrician who will start the assessment process going if he has concerns too. If you are referred to the children's centre at DDH I have found them excellent, definitely on the ball when it comes to autism.

By the way if you do see peadiatrician and he refers your son autism outreach will come into school to work with teachers,you don't need a diagnosis for this, hope this helps.
Posts: 704 | Threads: 79
Joined: Oct 2009
Reputation: 1

  • VIP
hi am not far from you too, but in south yorkshire. i went to gp who sent us to cahms was seen pretty quick. also parent p as been good to us too!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)