• Administrators
(03-09-2010, 03:23 PM)becncharlie Wrote: ive just self reffered to a social services but now i feel like a failure Sad Sad hes 6.4kg i think i mean he was 4.34 at birth and 4 8 month old thats just rediculas in my opinion Sad
It's nothing you are doing wrong hun i assure you.
I know the clinics can make you feel like it sometimes,i remember well from Euan!
Why did you self refer to social services?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
his consultant said if i self refer it would b quicker shes also wrote a letter to them on my bahalf any way x
Heart my 2 boys so much

• Administrators
what is it you want from social services?! they can be very usefull...i know they get alot of bad press but when we needed them we knew clearly what we wanted and they were pretty abliging! and like dan said....it most deffinatly is not something you are doing!!! i know we used to feel like eventually they would start to think it was us but i'm sure they know how great your doing Smile

xx

• VIP
Hi

How is 9kg terrible for a one year old? Zack is one and he is 9.3Kg and coming up the 50th centile now. If he put on any more weight he'd be a right tubby bum. The dietician and docs that see him say how he is thriving so please don't worry, Charlie will catch up and you are not a faliure. Zack was always in the lower centiles and I never worried about it, to be honest I didn't take much notice of that stupid red book. I knew he was getting the right calories for his weight and he was putting it on and thriving. Will also add that he was two months premature so was a tiny to begin with. At the end of the day they'll all grow up big and strong so don't get too fixated on the weight, your dietician should advise you about calorie intake etc. In fact when Zack lost some weight at the beginning my Health visitor was straight on to the dietician to get me seen as soon as so we could rectify his weight loss with more calories. I would suggest you ask to see your dietician asap and tell them you are worried about it and what can she suggest. Don't be afraid to phone the relevant people for advice when you need it .

L
x

• Administrators
9kg was terrible because he'd been that since he was 5months....he'd put on an oz or so and then lose 7oz the next week. from 5months it was like a flat line accross the page until he dropped off the centiles past his 1st birthday. It wasn't until he went on the pump he started to gain, hes now 3 16kg which is exactly the 50th centile and the line he was born on Smile altho he is only 89cm so for his hight he's alittle rounded Undecided but i'd rather he had that extra as when he's ill it drops off him!

xx