• VIP
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but Im searching without success for a toy scooter for my ASD/Dyspraxic 8 year old. He really needs a 3 wheeled sort and is currently still using a Disney Cars one that he's had for years but its becoming way too small. The only ones i can find are "kick board" types which are far too advanced and dangerous for him. Anyone know where I could get one for an older child with difficulties? His scooter is the only outdoor toy he really loves as even bikes with stabilisers are a problem for him.

• Moderators
http://www.micro-scooters.co.uk/product_info.php?id=1710 though not cheap and not sure if this is what you are after as i dont know what a kick board scooter is lol, they also sell thesm at john lewis http://www.johnlewis.com/230646845/Product.aspx
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
thanks for that but no...he has so little skills in the way of coordination he basically can only master the simple toddler tbar type. These newer ones are far too complicated for him. Ive emailed loads of websites that sell scooters but not one reply yet unfortunately.
maybe i should try to buy a long t-bar handle n adapt it myself???

• Moderators
is there a small time carpenter in your area that might be able to build one in same style but larger as a wooden one would be stronger it would be similar to what we used to make when younger using pram wheels lol but they had four wheels as its like a skateboard with a long handle really, i cant find anything elsewhere sorry
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
hmmm..perhaps worth a try. You'd think there'd be something wouldn't you?