• Moderators
(12-01-2009, 07:11 PM)Daniel Wrote: How did you get on Corinne?
well disability soloutions just said that they have found some proof or something that says if the core assessment states that he needs overnight respite then they are legally obliged to provide it.
north staffs carers have said that the maximum respite we would be able to get is 24 nights a year (down from the 42 we were allocated in May) but if they give the direct payments for that it is a lot more than the 16 hours a month they were trying to get me to accept as that would pay for less than one nights respite.
had local councillor call back (an hour after message was left!!was gobsmacked lol) who after hearing what has been going on has said he will be ringing the manager and asking what he thinks he playing at (guess we are getting close to an election, i not cynical hehe)
got an appointment with c.a.b. on tuesday but dont know what they can do really unless social worker can get the core assessment finished before then so thats another phone call along with the complaints officer to see why 3 months after we put a complaint in(mainly about lack of communication)they havent phoned me and nothing has been done. at least i still have my sense of humour :cmas_emoticon066:
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
sense of humours are very much needed!!!! dan keeps us both sane with his lol

xx

• Registered
are direct payment instead of them giving respite?

• Administrators
Bascially direct payments are a way for you to buy in your own services rather than having to use theres.
So yes if you had direct payments you could use this to buy in your own respite care rather than have to use theres.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Moderators
until they ran out of money you could have direct payments as well as respite (i was entitled to it but they didnt have the money so never had it) then they re-evaluated everyones respite and i was told i would only be getting 42 nights (3 1/2 nights a month) from may to may but all i have been offered is 16 hours a month of direct payments which i have been told wont even pay for i nights (late drop off early morn pick up)respite in private units as dont have any other units in s-o-t.
i would say that anyone who is looking into going from respite to direct payments makes sure that it is enough hours that you dont lose out as it is minimum wage which wont pay for overnight.
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.