• Registered
Hi I’m a new member and just want some advice. My nearly 8yr old son diagnosed global developmental delay when younger, and now diagnosed with adhd, dyspraxia has some learning development delay and is currently awaiting results of his ados assessment. I own my own home and work 25hrs, my partner has recently moved in but house is under my name! I can’t add any more money into my mortgage as when I split with my children’s dad I took mortgage on myself and had to pay my ex £40,000 so I’m paying mortgage till I’m 68! Anyway I live in a 3 bedroom house with my 11yr old daughter and nearly 8 yr old son and new partner, my sons bedroom is tiny and a full size single bed can’t fit in, so sleeping on his cot bed so all that’s in his room is cot bed and a slim chest of drawers! He really needs a bigger room but I can’t afford to move and can’t afford a loft extension and was just wondering if there is a grant and whether I am eligible for a grant to have a loft extension . Tia

• Registered
(06-13-2018, 03:55 PM)Thompsl2 Wrote: Hi I’m a new member and just want some advice. My nearly 8yr old son diagnosed global developmental delay when younger, and now diagnosed with adhd, dyspraxia has some learning development delay and is currently awaiting results of his ados assessment. I own my own home and work 25hrs, my partner has recently moved in but house is under my name! I can’t add any more money into my mortgage as when I split with my children’s dad I took mortgage on myself and had to pay my ex £40,000 so I’m paying mortgage till I’m 68! My partners credit rating isn’t good and so even If i did add him to the mortgage it wouldn’t help. IAnyway I live in a 3 bedroom house with my 11yr old daughter and nearly 8 yr old son and new partner, my sons bedroom is tiny and a full size single bed can’t fit in, so sleeping on his cot bed so all that’s in his room is cot bed and a slim chest of drawers! He really needs a bigger room but I can’t afford to move and can’t afford a loft extension and was just wondering if there is a grant and whether I am eligible for a grant to have a loft extension . Tia