• Administrators
Being a parent of a disabled child i have numerous frustrations about how the system cares for disabled children and there carers.
On the record not everything is rotten for example my sons hospital care so far has been good.
But the policies of the local councils and central goverment do anger me.

It amazes me how when you need to apply for any type of additional benefit you have to complete form after form when in reality one form should be sufficent.

One door and one key should be the motto.
There are too many departments to do the job of one bigger department which could manage everything.

But what really annoys you about the system and how is it failing your child or you as a carer.

If you could post and tell us about your frustrations this would be a good thread.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
My vent at the system is when you tell the teachers something and they look at you and think your being an over protective mother and then dont do as you ask.........................................
Anger does not sum up the annoyance

• Registered
(10-17-2009, 09:57 AM)Daniel Wrote: Being a parent of a disabled child i have numerous frustrations about how the system cares for disabled children and there carers.
On the record not everything is rotten for example my sons hospital care so far has been good.

It amazes me how when you need to apply for any type of additional benefit you have to complete form after form when in reality one form should be sufficent.

There are too many departments to do the job of one bigger department which could manage everything.

But what really annoys you about the system and how is it failing your child or you as a carer.

If you could post and tell us about your frustrations this would be a good thread.

I commpletly agree, I have recently filled in the dla forms (which i think i may have not putt all of her problems into ) and it made me feel like i am a kid again in school doing a exam and it feels pretty rubbish having to justify why your child is worthy of this extra help. and you are so right that that it should be 1 form for the lot and they could work out thereselves who is entilteld to what.

and i dont know about anyone else but nobody proffesionaly has told me what i can get as in terms of help, lucky for us there are people like yourself who share this information.. And at the hospital i feel we are being fobbed off abit like we are just a number i havent be given any kind of idea as to what maybe the outcome. I know the drs may not know for sure thierselves but one minute we get told something then we get told another its like false hope. and I wouldnt even have a idea as to our Health visitor Is....
Smile

• Administrators
(10-17-2009, 10:16 AM)starlights Wrote:
(10-17-2009, 09:57 AM)Daniel Wrote: Being a parent of a disabled child i have numerous frustrations about how the system cares for disabled children and there carers.

I commpletly agree, I have recently filled in the dla forms (which i think i may have not putt all of her problems into ) and it made me feel like i am a kid again in school doing a exam and it feels pretty rubbish having to justify why your child is worthy of this extra help. and you are so right that that it should be 1 form for the lot and they could work out thereselves who is entilteld to what.

and i dont know about anyone else but nobody proffesionaly has told me what i can get as in terms of help, lucky for us there are people like yourself who share this information.. And at the hospital i feel we are being fobbed off abit like we are just a number i havent be given any kind of idea as to what maybe the outcome. I know the drs may not know for sure thierselves but one minute we get told something then we get told another its like false hope. and I wouldnt even have a idea as to our Health visitor Is....

Its just crazy really the way the whole system is set out.
Why is it for example we should have to fill in 3 forms for:
Mobility,DLA and carers?

One form with relevant answers which would determine what we are entitled to and then one award made....Quite simple really...

I think i know the real reason.
If they were to do that they think they would have to lay off staff and increase unemployment figures.
But really they could streamline the whole operation and save money everywhere.
Think one form would mean:

Less admin costs
Less postage costs
Less staff costs
Less printing costs
Less fraud
Less buildings required to house these staff.

I bet were they to do this they could reduce over £200 million from the tax payer each year and make our lives easier.

At very least they should send all the forms out together with an explaination on what you may be entitled to.Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
One day when I have a spare hour I will tell you about my trial and tribulations trying to get help with holiday activities for my son - he cannot cope with the change in routine and is very hyperactive in the holidays and also doesnt sleep at all at night (due to the above) so I literally have to spend 24hrs a day awake for 14 days or so at a stretch! This has been going on for years & I've tried everything - CAF panels, etc - I just get fobbed off and chased around in circles - Everyone refusing any nursery funding saying there are LOADs of activities (there are NONE!). This happens EVERY holiday & I'm just going through it now again for the 1/2 term. I will tell you about it sometime - you will not believe some of it!