• VIP
i dont know much about it just want im told, the nursery said as soon as she started they think its autism as she wont give eye contact....i mean come on even i know shes a child she doesnt know you, why would she look you straight in the eye, my friend i talk to say oh well if it is autism at least she'll be really smart...urm shes smart because am i haha

• Administrators
Theres another Myth Big Grin
Not all autistic people are smart.
There is a common misconception that all autistic people have gifts and its not techincally true Smile
Eye contact is an issue with many autistic children so that is something they do look towards as well as many other things.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
i burts into tears when they said that as ive always been told one day (the always seem to say 3 years old) that she would just talk, the fight i had just to get her seen was unreal, but where i live now, my god they'll all coming to help my health visitor calls every month or so making sure things are moving along, shes even coming round for a chat on thursday, i know shes give eye contact to me, she doesnt like being touched in fact she freaks if you touch her hair she constanly pushes it to her face, i know theres something going on with her more than a speech and understanding problem, but from being told oh she'll just talk (and shes lazy) to straight autism it was a bit of a shock to say the least, just so thankfull for places like this to talk to other people, and not feel judged Smile