• Moderators
yeah i just read the article that in later life they found out it wasnt autism, i had just assumed it was written from studying a group of ppl and just exaggerating it but was nice to know he enjoyed the confidence and social acceptance he hadnt had much of before the film
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
yes fascinating man!! died last year Sad shame. Kim peek wasnt it!? or something, was reading about him earlier Smile how he could read a book in an hour and memorize it fully...then he'd put it back on the shelf faced down to signify he'd read it! and if you told him you date of birth he could tell you what day you were born on and what was on the front of the newspaper that day...how incredible!!! isnt it amazing that the brain has that sort of capacity!! i find it totally interesting hehe

xx

• Registered
My little girl stims as well. She seems to seek out visual stimulation more than anything else. She lines up her toy cars or her barn animals. She builds a tower of up to twenty blocks bends down so that her nose is touching the bottom block then skims her nose up along to the top, she goes cross eyed when she gets to the top lol. She also runs up and down the length of the kitchen cupboards, she looks at the cupboards as she is running with her nose almost touching them. I think she likes to see them whizzing past but I dont know how she doesnt bust her face. She loves to swing and spin in circles as well. I am so glad I found this site, it is such a relief to hear about other Children like herSmile
Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain.

• Moderators
wonder if thats why matt always liked fairground rides the faster the better, i remember him about 4 insisting on going on a big wheel in spain, (they are faster than here) i felt ill watching lol if he goes on the slides he will stand at the top and just look around too
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
Aww I bet Ó would love the big wheel, I brought her on a carousel once and she nearly lost the plot when she had to get off. We ended up going on it 6 times before she had her fill lolSmile
Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain.