• VIP
Actually she (lady from AO) told me a lot of things which I believed on face value, about statements and placings in schools. At the time I had no reason to disbelieve her as she's a professional and tbh I only realised recently that things, I thought I knew, were wrong because a few months ago a did a fair bit of reading of the SEN code of practice. Embarrassingly I've given some duff advice on here too although I don't think anyone took any notice lol. I just wish I'd bothered to read up on things before but the lady told me stuff I just believed.

• Moderators
we can only give comments on our own experiences so at the time you would have been saying what you had been told, there are a few times where i have been wrong and Daniel corrects me lol i doubt anybody is right at all times its just a shame that professionals think its ok to talk tosh as they know ppl will believe them
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
Euan does a few different types of stimming i think....not only does he line up cars/objects ALOT nowdays he grinds his teeth ALOT (which goes through me it makes me shudder :S) and he also has this thing about string, i have a top which ties at the back and whether i'm wearing it/drying it/washing it if he sees it, he has to stop and wrap it alllll the way round his hand/arm. Since he did it with that top he's started doing it with anything, the material belts on my trousers, my scalf, bits of cotton...anything of that type he will spot it, pick it up and wrap it repeatedly around his arms. It drives me bonkers, especially if i'm wearing the top as he pulls and pulls it until its tight round my neck, almost to the point of ripping it!! he also sometimes runs in circles randomly until he falls over, even then he sometimes gets up and starts again!! is this the sort of thing thats classed as stimming??

also dan, i think rainman might be on virgin demand under classics...i think....i too have never watched it hehe

xx

• Moderators
did wonder whether to watch it again as its been a lot of years since i watched it and it left me very confused as this was the only information on autism at the time, be prepared that it might be upsetting to watch this but dustin hoffman did do a good job acting,
corinne
i never realised it was based on a real person just found this
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/dec/22/kim-peek-rain-man-dies
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
Yes i read up last night it was a real story but sadly not at true as you would think.
Apparently the real person had Fragile X and not autism so heres a new fact many dont know!
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE