• Administrators
Can i make a confession i have never actually watched Rainman!
I might make the point of finding it and having a watch! Big Grin
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Administrators
(03-06-2010, 08:57 PM)MaggieMay Wrote: He doesn't stim off my hair and clothes now but he still sits on my knee and cuddles.
That so adds up for me.........
When Euan was younger he used to have this thing for putting his hand down Lucys top all the time to sleep and i mean always.
We eventually got him out of it by letting him put his hand down his quilt covers.
So would this be a stimming thing then?

• VIP
Stimming is just short for stimulation (from obsessive behaviour) Jack would sit and rub my hair on his face (it's quite long) or rub my clothes in his fingers repeatedly, he's extremely sensory and can't go anywhere without touching walls, bushes even passing strangers lol it's embarrassing sometimes but he's nowhere near as bad as he used to be.

• Moderators
ok i googled stimming and this is what i found, doesnt really say that stimming has anything to do with showing affection and reading this matt obviously does it a lot lol
What Is Stimming?
Stimming is repetitive stereotypic behavior commonly found in autism, but also found in other developmental disabilities.

This behavior may involve any or all of the senses in various degrees in different individuals. Several examples are listed below.

•Visual – staring at lights, blinking, gazing at fingers, lining up objects

•Auditory – tapping fingers, snapping fingers, grunting, humming

•Smell – smelling objects, sniffing people

•Taste – licking objects, placing objects in mouth

•Tactile – scratching, clapping, feeling objects nail biting, hair twisting, toe-walking

•Vestibular – rocking, spinning, jumping, pacing

•Proprioception – teeth grinding, pacing, jumping

that is bad daniel not having watched rainman Big Grin, might be better watching it now rather than before as you will have more understanding of the fact he isnt a typical autistic person like a lot of ppl did
corinne
Matt puts his hand down my top but its a comfort thing i havent been able to stop no matter what we tried (comes from breast feeding so know its not sexual which is what they kept saying) he knows he shoudnt do it as he says "get ur hand out" and "get stuffed" so he thinks its a game now as he keeps laughing. but he will give hugs and loves kisses its just telling when he being affectionate and when he being a pain in the butt hehe
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
(03-06-2010, 09:37 PM)corinne Wrote: that is bad daniel not having watched rainman Big Grin, might be better watching it now rather than before as you will have more understanding of the fact he isnt a typical autistic person like a lot of ppl did

Ive just added it to my film list on lovefilm so will be here in a few days Big Grin