• Administrators
Ive just checked our local council website to see if they would cover secure fencing.
Some slightly good news is that it is on the list of possible works.
However..
The works would not be classed as mandatory and is on the list of General guidance of works considered non-mandatory.

This means that these works may only be available if discretionary funding is available and it also has to be recomended by occupational therapy.
What council do you come under so i can look up your local areas policy?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Moderators
i think polomaplus is in stoke/staffordshire which is a bit muddled as we have stoke council, staffordshire council and newcastle council depending on where you live hehe dont like things simple here
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
Corinne's right! I come under Newcastle Under Lyme Borough Council (even though I have a shropshire postcode!)

Im thinking of getting the work done as soon as I can. Now the nights are drawing out Noah is getting keen to play out when he comes home from school. The rear garden isnt too bad but of course its the front garden he wants to play in as he can see the cars pass by. With two other's to look after on my own aswell I need to know he is safe and secure or I am having to leave the others to keep an eye on him.
I had hoped I could claim some (if not all) of the cost's back at some point. Its mainly a secure gate (higher than is currently in place) and also higher fencing as in places he can get through/over unless watched like a hawk.

• Moderators
(02-21-2010, 04:13 PM)polomaplus3 Wrote: Corinne's right! I come under Newcastle Under Lyme Borough Council (even though I have a shropshire postcode!)

Im thinking of getting the work done as soon as I can. Now the nights are drawing out Noah is getting keen to play out when he comes home from school. The rear garden isnt too bad but of course its the front garden he wants to play in as he can see the cars pass by. With two other's to look after on my own aswell I need to know he is safe and secure or I am having to leave the others to keep an eye on him.
I had hoped I could claim some (if not all) of the cost's back at some point. Its mainly a secure gate (higher than is currently in place) and also higher fencing as in places he can get through/over unless watched like a hawk.

not sure what its like in newcastle but i dont think you can go over 3 foot with fencing at the front (thats what we were told) only at the back not sure how that is with railings though.
newcastle is better than stoke as my brother lives in newcastle and his wife gets a lot more support than i do and even spoke to my mum about me (she runs a working mans club) and they said cant she move here hehe.
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
hmmm yes there are often restrictions on the front with how high fencing can be Confused , i know someone who put a full fence around a house by us and the neighbours complained and the council made him take it all down, although saying that i think he might of replaced it with high gates so there might be a way around it if you put up gates that can be seen through. Might be different per council tho.

xx