• Registered
so do your oldest get some time away at grandma's?

• VIP
i know this is probably not right thread but how do i get the council to add hand rails up the stairs? i live in a town house and top stairs have one but bottom hasnt also on otherside there is nothing to stop the Children falling over edge
[Image: buttonsandflowers111102.jpg]

• Administrators
Occupational therapy should be able to assist you on this so that a banister is present providing that its for the health and safety related to his autism.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
So I would be right in thinking I could apply for this grant to secure the garden(s) ?
ie Higher fencing and secure gates.
Noah is an escapologist! and has a compulsive urge to throw objects over current fencing which could obv injure anyone in adjacent gardens.
Im in housing association property.

Oh and Becky I have had the exact same thing happen with Noah when the pc crashes or a power cut has happened Sad its usually me or his younger sister that are the focus of his frustrations when that happens. Hugs xXx

• Moderators
(02-21-2010, 08:09 AM)polomaplus3 Wrote: So I would be right in thinking I could apply for this grant to secure the garden(s) ?
ie Higher fencing and secure gates.
Noah is an escapologist! and has a compulsive urge to throw objects over current fencing which could obv injure anyone in adjacent gardens.
Im in housing association property.

Oh and Becky I have had the exact same thing happen with Noah when the pc crashes or a power cut has happened Sad its usually me or his younger sister that are the focus of his frustrations when that happens. Hugs xXx

wow u do have a mini matt lol, we moved to a council house as we lived in a terrace and he could climb the wall jump down the 6foot drop and run to the main road to watch buses hehe. we told them the only thing we needed was an enclosed garden but where we got only had fencing on 2 sides, dont know if the council would have paid but needed it done before he came out of respite so only had 5 days so had to pay for it myself. i did ask for a driveway and dropped kerb and was told because he can walk he isnt disabled enough (strangely when i threatened them with discrimination they paid for the dropped kerb) still got no drive as i cant afford to have one done and hubby not really a diyer unless it involves fixing computers hehe. it depends on who u speak to at the council as to what they will pay for i think, but we did have to keep the bins at the side as when they were in back garden he moved them to the fence and climbed over when we first moved in lol
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.