• Moderators
(04-28-2010, 07:55 PM)dazlynne Wrote: does anyone know what the rules in Scotland are regarding grants? thanks in advance
Hi Corrine, Im wondering if your roads dept might paint a disabled parking space on the road outside your drop kerb, this way you still get to park, but dont lose your garden??? just a thought if you havent already explored this route?

hi dazlynne
i dont have a problem with losing the garden as its not that big, and not safe for matt to go out the front we have to be with him if he is in the back and thats got a 6ft fence lol, and it would save mark having to mow the lawn Big Grin, the problem with a disabled parking space is they cannot legally stop anybody parking there its a courtesy only where the dropped kerb means i can actually call the police and get the car moved (not had to do this as usually know who has done it and just tell them to shift it Big Grin) but nothing to stop them parking opposite it and that means because of the narrow road i still cant park outside house and have been told by council officer i cannot park on the front lawn though i have done if i cant park outside on road.

its worth asking babyxxxx as different councils work differently, mum keeps asking why i dont move to newcastle as even though they only up road they give a lot more support than stoke do
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
In many areas they will offer a 50% discount for a drop kerb but very few do them for free!
Even though i think they should as even though you pay for the work you dont own it or anything its still the property of the highways department.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
thanks, no harm in trying

• Administrators
(05-01-2010, 08:23 AM)babyxxxxx Wrote: thanks, no harm in trying

Let me know what council your under and ill see whats availible for you Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
im east cheshire

thank you Smile