• Moderators
i was reading that fences on the front of houses cannot be higher than 1metre but might get higher with planning permission guess it depends on what type of road its on as you can have a hedge higher on most places i have seen but it takes time to grow (and makes your garden smaller hehe) but you could look into railings if you dont think this will make it look like a prison (council dont like that lol) have u asked your landlord if they will help to fund this as well as disability resource team? (stoke have one so newcastle will surely)
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
Just came across a section covering disabled facilities grants and the following was said:

7. Fencing
Assistance will be considered if:
The existing boundaries are unsafe,
AND
The disabled child is physically highly active, vulnerable and in need of constant supervision. The vulnerability has to be
due to disability, NOT age.

So it looks like if an assesment was made you may qualify.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
(02-21-2010, 02:47 PM)corinne Wrote: i think polomaplus is in stoke/staffordshire which is a bit muddled as we have stoke council, staffordshire council and newcastle council depending on where you live hehe dont like things simple here
corinne

(02-28-2010, 01:41 PM)Daniel Wrote: Just came across a section covering disabled facilities grants and the following was said:

7. Fencing
Assistance will be considered if:
The existing boundaries are unsafe,
AND
The disabled child is physically highly active, vulnerable and in need of constant supervision. The vulnerability has to be
due to disability, NOT age.

So it looks like if an assesment was made you may qualify.

Thanks for that
He's been out in the garden most of the weekend and Im having to watch him like a hawk. So far he's throw toys and stones into neighbours gardens and tried to lob a few things at passing cars!!!!!
Its bloody hard work when I have to keep the other two safe and they are inside. Just need to be able to know he (and neighbours) are safe to play outside. Will get onto that as soon as I have got through this week!

• Moderators
how does he feel about getting his hands dirty? an idea that was being thrown about when matt climbed up on shed roof at respite was anti vandal paint which when you touch it makes your hands black and you cant grip (think thats the paint) so perhaps if you get a fence you can put this on the top and when he see's what it does to his hands he wont keep trying?
we used to live in a terrace so front was straight onto street and matt used to drop his toy cars out of window we found one on our windscreen once lol but we were worried he would drop it on someone so we ended up fixing chicken wire to the window with a little hole so it could still be opened (small top window) but nothing could get through
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
(02-28-2010, 03:03 PM)corinne Wrote: how does he feel about getting his hands dirty? an idea that was being thrown about when matt climbed up on shed roof at respite was anti vandal paint which when you touch it makes your hands black and you cant grip (think thats the paint) so perhaps if you get a fence you can put this on the top and when he see's what it does to his hands he wont keep trying?
we used to live in a terrace so front was straight onto street and matt used to drop his toy cars out of window we found one on our windscreen once lol but we were worried he would drop it on someone so we ended up fixing chicken wire to the window with a little hole so it could still be opened (small top window) but nothing could get through
corinne

He's not overly botherd about getting his hands dirty tbh, its just this compulsion to throw. He looks at you like he know's he shouldnt do it. I tell you though for a lil kid he's got some throwing arm on him!
Joking aside Im starting to dread summer, even now he's wanting to go outside more and more. He will find the smallest of thing to throw and one of our neighbours happens to have a glass greenhouse Sad

I've often thought of just netting over the whole garden! like a huge aviary.

Going to look into some activity play equipment for him, like trampolines, swings and climbingframes. Anything to keep him busy.