• VIP
Hello to all

Have you got in contact with NEWLIFE for storage equipment. We applied about 2 years ago for a shed to store our sons disability equipment etc in and we got a shed off them costing them about £500 from argos, all they ask is you take photos and tell them how this has helped you. Go to their website @ NEWLIFE and you ring up and speak to a nurse you can see what they can help you with. Do get in touch with them all you will need is an OT to say that you need this type of storage, ours is a godsend and we are getting more equipment ie standing frame, they have helped us out with special needs car seating as well. You can apply every 12 months is need be. Good luck and let me know how you all get on. xxx

• VIP
we have had some handrails put on either side of the stairs, grab railsput in the bathroom and are waiting for handrails to be put in outside

• Registered
What else can I do stop my child absconding from home at all hours of day and night, Ive advised by the police to screw his bedroom window shut. I take the door keys to bed and set the alarm. I did tell the police he will find another way out sooner or later but basically the way im seeing it is in time that all my windows are going be nailed shut or bars up at the windows but basically the officer said if thats the step you gotta take do it. My son has a fixed obsession on lego part of the ASD but he will do anything to get more and more his bedroom is over flowing with it, is that healthy? He was diagnosed mid summer last year after so many people at the child actions meetings not one of them are invovled since the diagnosis. Just feel blamed for everything and Im not doing enough to support bradley.

• Registered
(03-27-2011, 08:08 PM)Andrea and Bradley Wrote: What else can I do stop my child absconding from home at all hours of day and night, Ive advised by the police to screw his bedroom window shut. I take the door keys to bed and set the alarm. I did tell the police he will find another way out sooner or later but basically the way im seeing it is in time that all my windows are going be nailed shut or bars up at the windows but basically the officer said if thats the step you gotta take do it. My son has a fixed obsession on lego part of the ASD but he will do anything to get more and more his bedroom is over flowing with it, is that healthy? He was diagnosed mid summer last year after so many people at the child actions meetings not one of them are invovled since the diagnosis. Just feel blamed for everything and Im not doing enough to support bradley.
Didnt mention the main reason he goes missing is go get/steal/shoplift lego and anything that is assooated to lego.

• Registered
(02-21-2010, 01:44 PM)Daniel Wrote: Ive just checked our local council website to see if they would cover secure fencing.
Some slightly good news is that it is on the list of possible works.
However..
The works would not be classed as mandatory and is on the list of General guidance of works considered non-mandatory.

This means that these works may only be available if discretionary funding is available and it also has to be recomended by occupational therapy.
What council do you come under so i can look up your local areas policy?

Hi, first time on this forum. I have similar issues with my 7 year old son who has autism. All I want is for my existion broken fence to be replaced. I have already paid for a 6ft fence on one side of my garden but really need the other side doing. I can't really afford to pay for it and am getting myself into debt so that my garden is safe for my son. Is there any way I can get the council (Erewash Borough) or housing association (3 Valleys) to pay for it?