• Established member
Morning everyone.

I was looking at the family fund website. We live in Scotland and I know you can earn slightly more here. I was trying to work it out and wondered if someone could confirm something.

On my husband payslip he earns his basic 40 hours a week at £7.74 which in the year would be £16,099. He does do overtime every week but it varies on the weather etc on how much he gets. On my last wage slip to date in this tax year I have earned £7379 taxable pay so that makes a total of £23,478. So it looks as though we can apply. Am I right?

Also what sort of things has everyone applied for? Calum is getting up a lot in the night again and I think he needs a better bed. Plus if I have to lay next to him it would give me a bit more room to do so. I feel he also needs more storage in his room so I wouldnt be so worried if he does get out his bed and I'm not there.

All help appreciated.
Thanks

• Administrators
You are fine.
Do remember that family fund do not include over time so it would only be the basic wage of £16,099 they would take into account when looking at the application.
Also with your income only bringing your income to £23,478 you fall under the £25,000 limit.

Family fund help with most things and your request for a bed and storage will be fine.

A section on there website shows in brief what they will allow and these include:
[Image: loadimg.asp?id=210]
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Established member
Thanks for your help Daniel. I am going to work soon so will print the application off. I can ask someone from his nursery to sign it too. They are great there.

• Established member
Morning.

Iv just had another thought re my income. Do they count the benefits I get for Calum on top of what we earn? We get DLA and tax credits for him which would take my income above the £25,000?

Stacey

• Moderators
(03-04-2010, 09:57 AM)calumsmummy Wrote: Morning.

Iv just had another thought re my income. Do they count the benefits I get for Calum on top of what we earn? We get DLA and tax credits for him which would take my income above the £25,000?

Stacey

•Your household’s earned income before tax, excluding any overtime, is less than £25,000 per year OR your income is entirely from benefits so they wouldnt count benefits and apart from carers and child benefit the dla is actually paid to calum not you officially, you just use it for him (all letters are addressed to him with your name underneath) and they arent counted as income
corinne 22
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.