• VIP
i know most of u know charlies problems well i had my grandma on the phone to me last night sayin i should get charlie admitted to hospital to try and get answers n so they can see how variable he can be, i know were shes cumin from but i dnt know what do for the best as i have an older son who needs me too so i fell stuck to what to do x
Heart my 2 boys so much

• Moderators
would your grandma be prepared to look after your older one while you were in the hospital? or is there someone who would and they could bring him in to visit you and charlie while you are there, that way hopefully they will get him sorted quicker which would be better for all of you?
22 22
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
Tough choice.
When Euan was first diagnossed with cystinosis he was admitted to hospital for a whole month as he was very poorly and they needed to get the medications regulated.
We had to think about Emily and it was so hard balancing the two of them as we had to try and be in 2 places at one time.
If its a case of a few days i would say go for it and just say its a little holiday for your older son and if needs be dont mention the hospital if its going to be short term.
Or as Corinne said balance it so he can come up and see you in the day or at night.
If it comes to it arrange for your grandma to sit with Charlie on the night for an hour so you can sit with your older son in the playroom or go out for tea together so you have time with him on your own aswell to avoid him feeling left out.
Maybe another option is they could allow you to come on the ward as an outpatient for a day or two to try and sort it out whilst he is there and allow you home at night?
Have you spoken with the dietician today yet?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
mmm i dont think would make any difference tbh, we have been there done that! they did see how variable chloe is but she still as no dx.

• Administrators
Any news from the dietician?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE