• Registered
The Lamb Inquiry published in December recommended a stronger voice for parents, the creation of an SEN helpline and the strengthening of parent partnership services. That would be great if we could really feel parent partnership were there to assist that stronger voice for parents. To be fair, they have been helpful at times but have also tried to get me to lie down and accept things that I knew I should not - for instance moving my son down in English for the fourth time since arriving at the school when he actually arrived there having achieved a Level 5 in his year 6 SATS.

Needless to say I ignored PP and fought the decision anyway. The school responded saying they had made a mistake! Good job I ignored them then! It's a minefield out there so it's fantastic to have somewhere like this to share experiences.
Sorry, meant to say as well that I have used the services of IPSEA and they were really helpful.

• VIP
thank you all TBH OUR pp as been quiet good and she does agree we should go for a statement! but she did say they will refuse us.

• Registered
Well I hope they don't and I hope you will fight it. Will you keep us posted throughout the process? I noticed your thread with your letter on. Unfortunately I can't view it yet but will do as soon as I can. Really, all the best. I would definitely take Daniel's advice to use the services of IPSEA. Do a bit of research into the Lamb Report too as all LEAs will need to be following the recommendations made there.
Well I hope they don't and I hope you will fight it. Will you keep us posted throughout the process? I noticed your thread with your letter on. Unfortunately I can't view it yet but will do as soon as I can. Really, all the best. I would definitely take Daniel's advice to use the services of IPSEA. Do a bit of research into the Lamb Report too as all LEAs will need to be following the recommendations made there.
Twice :-D

• VIP
thank you i will, we have two going though our daughter as medical needs she goes to panel next tuesday, so we are a bit stressed at the moment. we are sending the letter by email next week regarding jack.

• Registered
Good luck. I will be thinking of you. If I find any relevant information in my own research from the Lamb Inquiry, I will come back and let you know.