• Administrators
It was very unusual advice!
This is why i was concerned.
What form are Parent Partnership sending you?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
yes so is she i think there running scared! its a Request for formal assessment. but she filling in what she knows of jack and we change where we need to ! same as that you put link to other day.

• Administrators
Hopefully they will sort it out for you quickly.
The school are trying to avoid a statement as it gives them a legal duty to provide the care which they HAVE to meet!

• Registered
This sounds familiar!

From my own experience I can't help but wonder whether Parent Partnership (and remember, they are employed by the Local Authority) are in collusion with schools in avoiding statements. I was strongly advised by both school and PP not to apply for a statement. I then received information sheets in the post from the school's behavioural support officer. I asked her why she had sent them to me as I had been advised I would not be able to get a statement for my son and she took forever to respond. When she finally did she told me that she could not advise me but school had told her if I was dissatisfied in any way I should make a formal complaint! Where did that come from?

My son's head of house is no longer speaking to me following this exchange with behaviour support. I strongly sense a deep rooted lack of understanding regarding aspergers syndrome and I just count the days until my son leaves school.

• Administrators
(02-27-2010, 08:32 AM)Minty Wrote: From my own experience I can't help but wonder whether Parent Partnership (and remember, they are employed by the Local Authority) are in collusion with schools in avoiding statements. I was strongly advised by both school and PP not to apply for a statement.

This has always been a big concern of mine too.
Hence why i always advise getting advice from IPSEA as they are an independent organisation.