• VIP
we have been in touch with parent partnership over a statement with jack, and was told to tell school what we planning to do, so made an appointment to see them today, got a phone call saying we can not see the teacher now till they have spoken to parent partnership as they can not understand why we have gone this wayConfused.
since jack had is dx of aspergers we have been in and out of school trying to get help and so have other people who he under i;e his pead, inclusion service ,ss . why have they done this ? we was only going to tell them what we was doing, are they running scared or just being very unhelpful!! jack his very quiet at school but blows up when he comes home, with how stressed hes been at school.

• Administrators
They do not need to speak with Parent Partnership at all.
You should now arrange to meet with the head teacher or the SENCO at the school and ask for Jacks needs to be assessed with the view for a statement.

They may believe that a school action or an IEP may suit i cant comment as i dont know Jack.
I personally advise getting a statement where possible as its a legal document which they must stick to and if there being funny already i would be sure to get the statement.
You can request the statment yourself either through the school or by approaching your local LEA.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
sorry Daniel that's what i meant we have decided to so for a statement they have had enough chances to help jack, but they never follow them up. its the head who left a message saying we can not go in to see the teacher with out parent partnership, i am going to ring them tomorrow they are helping us!

• Administrators
(02-24-2010, 06:09 PM)jacknchloesmum Wrote: sorry Daniel that's what i meant we have decided to so for a statement they have had enough chances to help jack, but they never follow them up. its the head who left a message saying we can not go in to see the teacher with out parent partnership, i am going to ring them tomorrow they are helping us!

Another useful organisation and site is IPSEA http://www.ipsea.org.uk/
Very similar to Parent Partnership but 100% independent so i trust them Big Grin
I would approach the LEA directly tommorow morning to seek there address so you can send them the letter formally asking for a statement.

• Administrators
Just wanted to add the template for you to send to the LOCAL LEA and also copy this to the school's SENCO adviser.

Attached Files
.pdf   Request for formal assessment.pdf (Size: 8.68 KB / Downloads: 1)