• Moderators
she is in training all day today and has reviews and home visits till tomorrow afternoon so will prob get to speak to her at the meeting next wednesday. think am going to have to work out how to speak to solicitor dont even know where to start, didnt think it would come to this but not expecting miracles next week Sad

corinne Big Grin
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
(02-24-2010, 02:01 PM)corinne Wrote: she is in training all day today and has reviews and home visits till tomorrow afternoon so will prob get to speak to her at the meeting next wednesday. think am going to have to work out how to speak to solicitor dont even know where to start, didnt think it would come to this but not expecting miracles next week Sad

corinne Big Grin

Although long-winded it's worth looking up caselaw where other parents have taken legal steps in the same direction as you......... you then get to see who represented them AND have ammunition for use as leverage. I cant post links here I dont think but if you google bailii and it's a dot org site you may well find some interesting detail of use Smile

• Moderators
this is one reason why i not looking forward to doing this fatherjack, i struggle to read when the wording is confusing but will get mark to have a look later.
i know we have a case because s/s agreed that his needs havent changed and he is still entitled to the 42 nights a year but since may last year we havent had respite and we just had meeting about what to do but nothing sorted, they finally got the extra funding sorted but still nothing has happened. i did put in an official complaint last year that was ignored, phoned up complaints officer to put an updated complaint in that they were dragging it out to get out of giving us this years respite (it goes may to may) and a few other things and she persuaded me to have a meeting with one of the big guns first, did that about 6 weeks ago and still nothing changed so dont see why i should drag it out with going through the complaints officer again just for s/s to ignore it and go to court that way when i can just see a solicitor which should give us the same outcome. we should get legal aid now mark is signed off work due to the stress all this has caused and the doctor has said that in 6 weeks if he (doc) feels he is ready to go back then its only part time and i dont work. just so annoying that we managed fine for 16yrs and now mark is off work for first time in 20yrs because of all this.
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
It is their failure that has caused all this and even a district judge has the powers to MAKE them either provide the care or the finance for you to get it privately. The reason I mention district judges is that when most of us think of court actions it's scary wigs and lots of big words and months of waiting, a district judge has a large office and is just smartly dressed so nowhere near as scary and can issue a specific issue order within a matter of hours in urgent cases but can also issue directions to both sides to resolve a case without court order.
I have about another 3 weeks work in front of me but can devote some time to research after that if it's going to be of use to you Smile

• Moderators
i have been given the name of a solicitor (think thats what he is hehe) and he is also a childrens judge or something like that. i have had it for about 3 months and i havent done anything, its hard to know just where to start so not going to refuse any help lol. we have been recording the last 2 meeting (they werent happy at 1st but i didnt ask i just told them i was recording it as they made up the minutes of previous minutes hehe) so need to get that put on paper so going to look into getting that done, (you wouldnt believe i trained as an audio typist but it was about 13 yrs ago and not done any since hehe)
i will get back to you in a few weeks when you have the time hun thanks
corinne