• Moderators
hi wondering if anyone on here knows of anywhere in uk where i can send matt for an activity holiday perhaps with a personal assistant like the pgl holidays. what is happening is we have a meeting next week about matts respite or lack of it and after this afternoons meeting i cant see them having any luck at the meeting with coming up with anything so i though if i did some research (and asked here) and found some places where matt could go instead of the monthly respite we were getting.
I was working out the funding if if they had to pay for 42 nights a year (his respite entitlement) in an out of area unit it would still save them money if they gave it to me as direct payments and for what they already owe me in nights and up till he 18 (85 nights) would be about £20,000 which is less than half what it would cost to send him to the respite unit (as it costs more per hour than direct payments are) which is out of area anyway and think he would enjoy the activity holidays as he has already been on one and going again with college.

I know it means i wouldnt be able to have respite every month but we would get some even if just in holidays and odd weekend if he missed a couple of days college but somewhere he would not just be stuck in his room at 9pm causing us to feel guilty for needing a break in some ways it would be giving in a bit as they get to save money and we get more hassle to sort out our own respite but we have been waiting 9 months for them to sort it out and dont look any nearer to the end.

The meeting we had today we found out the place they were from only has residential beds and i dont want my son in residential care i only want respite hehe bit of difference between 42 nights and 365.

I would have been better saving this till later as i have to go out and collect avon books in a minute (took me a while to write this thread hehe) and matt enjoys the trip (and the kfc at end of it) but will get back as soon as Heart
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
Hi "Corinne" Big Grin
I know that Dial come highly recomended with the places they have access to.
There website is http://www.dialuk.info/
I know they have access to a database of over 5000 organisations which maybe able to help so they might be worth emailing or calling.
Another possible scheme which is not a holiday type scheme but respite breaks is a site i come across last week which maybe of some use http://www.sharedcarenetwork.org.uk/index.jsp

Ive sent an email to one of my contacts and ill let you know of anything i get back.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Administrators
Just also wanted to throw another in:

http://www.break-charity.org/

• Moderators
thanks Daniel
just when i was beginning to think the end was in sight lol, will get hold of that daft social worker in the morning, how cant she tell the difference between respite and residential. they did offer to have matt but couldnt promise it could be for long as if they had a child that needed residential they got priority obviously, they cant afford to have a bedroom only used occasionally when they cant get it used full time.

they have this last chance meeting next week and then i definitly skipping the complaints procedure (didnt work last time) and seeing a solicitor about starting legal action they stringing us along now Smile
corinneSleepy
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
Let us know how you get on with the social worker today