• Administrators
(03-02-2010, 05:10 PM)sharon19750 Wrote: Hi there, I have a child under 5 and my mother in law takes him to all his appointments via the bus and has to pay, as she does not drive, would she be entitled to a bus pass or even a discount?

We are in Essex area?

Many thanks
Sorry I forgot to add that we do have blue badge for him and claim middle rate care allowance for DLA

Many Thanks
xx
What council do you come under?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Established member
Castle Point Council in Essex

Thanks
xx

• Administrators
(03-02-2010, 05:10 PM)sharon19750 Wrote: Hi there, I have a child under 5 and my mother in law takes him to all his appointments via the bus and has to pay, as she does not drive, would she be entitled to a bus pass or even a discount?

Yes you would be fine as the Castlepoint system allows a companion to travel with the disabled person and it doesnt say who that is so i believe that means its an open pass for those travelling at the time.
She wouldnt however be given her own pass and it would be used when your child is travelling with her.
Details can be found at:
http://www.castlepoint.gov.uk/documents/Community%5CConcessions%2FNational%20Bus%20Concession%20Disabled%20Application%20Form.pdf

• Established member
(03-03-2010, 11:55 AM)Daniel Wrote:

Yes you would be fine as the Castlepoint system allows a companion to travel with the disabled person and it doesnt say who that is so i believe that means its an open pass for those travelling at the time.
She wouldnt however be given her own pass and it would be used when your child is travelling with her.
Details can be found at:
http://www.castlepoint.gov.uk/documents/Community%5CConcessions%2FNational%20Bus%20Concession%20Disabled%20Application%20Form.pdf

Thank you for that - they are sending me the forms
xx

• Administrators
(03-03-2010, 01:38 PM)sharon19750 Wrote:
(03-03-2010, 11:55 AM)Daniel Wrote:

Details can be found at:

Thank you for that - they are sending me the forms
xx
Fantastic news!
Let us know how you get on