• Moderators
matt can travel around the country the same as pensioners just doesnt pay for us hehe.
we go to the same place you get your blue badge from (quicker to go into office rather than faff about sending stuff off as its only a few miles down the road up anley duck Smile you can also try your local library as they may have a cubicle for this, i didnt know it could be done by post as they usually want to take a picture with their webcam (we had to take a large pic in with us and they photographed that the first time as it was only open during school hours and i wasnt taking him out of school for it hehe, otherwise we just went in school hols but now we are just renewing it they use same pic at mo as he not changed that much
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
Hi there, I have a 10 year old who I receive DLA for. Am I entitled to a free bus pass as I spend a fortune ferrying him to various appointments. I live in Edinburgh

• Moderators
(03-02-2010, 03:49 PM)angelaoneill1975 Wrote: Hi there, I have a 10 year old who I receive DLA for. Am I entitled to a free bus pass as I spend a fortune ferrying him to various appointments. I live in Edinburgh

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/internet/A-Z/AZ_concessionary_bus_passes_1
this one has more info

http://www.transportscotland.gov.uk/concessionary-travel/who-qualifies
i cant find anything about carers travelling free with the child in scotland which seems a bit mean

corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
The scotish system varies from the English system.
In England some councils issue a seperate pass to carers.
In Scotland however a buspass issued allows a companion to travel free.
Details of this can be found on http://www.transportscotland.gov.uk/concessionary-travel/the-national-entitlement-card/what-it-looks-like
So yes it would seem you could travel as a companion because of the age.
What rate do you get at the moment in regards to DLA?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Established member
Hi there, I have a child under 5 and my mother in law takes him to all his appointments via the bus and has to pay, as she does not drive, would she be entitled to a bus pass or even a discount?

We are in Essex area?

Many thanks
Sorry I forgot to add that we do have blue badge for him and claim middle rate care allowance for DLA

Many Thanks
xx