• Moderators
i have seen it on the bottom of the 2nd page of the thread i posted so its still there at the moment. i think the op of that particular thread was more upset at being swore at than thinking p&c bays were more important than disabled bays but its the newest thread on bays so will get the most traffic
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
(02-20-2010, 10:27 PM)Daniel Wrote: Well ive managed to place a thread on the special needs forum and i am awaiting some feedback from them.
I would imagine this will be deleted.

My post is currently still active.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have to admit I am normally a big netmums fan. As soon as I log off I am going over the to the netmums site to put my views across.

Beverley

• Administrators
(02-20-2010, 10:50 PM)Beverley b Wrote: Hi Daniel,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have to admit I am normally a big netmums fan. As soon as I log off I am going over the to the netmums site to put my views across.

Beverley
Netmums has some amazing stuff on there!
However i was stunned to read this today especially as they actually have a special needs section.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
I have never driven, I'm 41 and have an older daughter myself of 21 and two younger Children but this is quite surprising, are disabled people now seemingly second-class citizens behind parents with Children? My local supermarket has a seperate disabled area which is always bursting at the seams - where are these empty spaces then? I don't kid myself, if I had a car I'm not sure I would use this area myself, it's difficult but my son can physically walk with restraints (or be carried lol) so whats the problem? (I'm not discriminating against parents of disabled Children, just my choice). Some parents won't be happy until they can drive around inside the supermarket it seems to me.

My mother-in-law has severe arthritis, COPD and her ankles and knees are crumbling - I think she has much more of a need for a space (father in law drives).

Off the subject slightly I've seen it on buses too - mums who refuse to take their prams down to get on and think because they've got a pram they've a god-given right to put it where they like. Years ago you carried your child and the pram, struggling, but I did it. But bus drivers were more patient then too Smile

• Moderators
we have had a few problems round here with buses have a friend who is in a wheelchair and has aspergers so travels with her mum and she has always got a story when she is on the bus, the latest one was a bloke in a wheelchair being told he couldnt come on because there were too many prams!! he wheeled himself half on half off and refused to move, when the police were called the driver was told to get the prams folded up and let the wheelchair on as he has priority as the mothers with buggies can walk lol score!
when matt was young and we had the disabled buggy (before low floor buses) i had to fold it down and struggle to get him on, once the bus was full and there were ppl on the disabled seats refusing to move so matt just went up and sat on the womans knee, i refused to stop him as he didnt have great balance and i couldnt hold onto him and stand myself, lucky he was only 3 and not 15 hehehe
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.