• Moderators
the teacher should not be shouting at your son she needs reporting as she is not allowed to shout at any pupil never mind one with special needs. could they not get a classroom assistant to be at the table that your son sits at if she is not capable of doing her job? the school knew about his autism so should have made sure they have the staff to allow him to be inclusive. making him sit out of the games at xmas is a bit excessive, the punishment does not fit the crime so to speak, he should only be punished if he does something he knows is wrong or what he has done is dangerous of which this was neither.
can autism outreach get across to the school that he is only 6 and however high functioning he is still autistic and does not have the understanding of adults. (like most 6 yr olds)
the way i was reading the last post i thought he was a lot older by the way he was being reprimanded until i reread further back up the thread
corinne Big Grin
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
Thank you for replying - I get so frustrated with the school. The Teaching Assistant is absolutely fantastic with him and feels as though she defends him a lot. Unfortunately she is also the HLTA so is frequently moved to other classes literally at a minutes notice which upsets my little boy. Autism Outreach keep talking about doing whole school training so I think I will push for that. The only problem is when I asked if the dinner ladies and PE lady who covers PPA will hear the same message, the Head said no because they won't be paid!

• Moderators
how can it be whole school training if the whole school isnt being trained?? doesnt the head realise how important dinner ladies are to the running of the school lunchtime? would get back to them though good luck
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.