• Administrators
I agree with you Corinne that children growing up are more tolerant about people with additonal needs and its brilliant.
Society has moved forward slightly from the days even when i was younger and Bread was bread Big Grin
If you think even 10-12 years ago i remember the charity the Spastic society,how they ever got away with using that name i dont know.
But i suppose they moved on and so has society to a degree.
I find the old people are the worse where they believe some conditions mean a child cant live a normal life.

Nice to think that a day very soon people with disabilities may be treated equally in many senses.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
Hi all. I am in Staffordshire and my 6 year old boy has a working diagnosis of high functioning autism. I too am so emotional the moment - I think our children set the mood for the day!! If he goes into school well I am OK but if I have trouble getting him in, which I often do, I am upset for the rest of the day. I feel so helpless towards him sometimes. I just want to get inside his head and see what he is thinking about. I want to reassure him but sometimes can't seem to find the words. My little boy is the same if everything is going his way he is fine, but then something will change the mood for the whole day!! Regarding starting school, it all depends on how supporting and understanding your school are, and getting your opinion across!!

• Moderators
hi claire
it can be very hard to work out what it is that sets them off, can be something as simple as a car parked the wrong way on the way to school, who knows Huh
nice we are getting more ppl from staffordshire in, wondering where all the people i pass this addy on to are Blush lucky its an easy address to memorise Smile will have to get some cards made up Daniel Angel
does he go to mainstream or special needs? it is hard as autistic children have a totally different way of learning from anyone else, they just have to be different dont they 4
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
(02-22-2010, 02:22 PM)corinne Wrote: nice we are getting more ppl from staffordshire in, wondering where all the people i pass this addy on to are Blush lucky its an easy address to memorise Smile will have to get some cards made up Daniel Angel

After the Mad house on tour has completed Disney in March a few things will be in the pipeline! Big Grin
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
Yes my little man is in mainstream school. He is really bright in a lot of ways - his reading is unbelievable and so is his memory. He does understand a lot of what is happening around him. We have had a huge battlewith school to get him support. Autism Outreach have been fantastic and have been in the classroom really quickly but his class teacher sometimes does not know how to deal with him. I know she has a whole class of children but he seems to get the blame for everything. If she sees him striking out or snatching she willshout at him. As my little man cannot put into wordswhat has just happened it always ends up as his fault. He also has to have everythingjust right and if anyone else does anything wrong he has to tell them e.g he had to sit out the party games at Christmas because he told off a Reception child who was refusing to hold hands with him. He got told off in assembly for telling another little girl she should not swap places. This is why he hates school and there I am every morning reassuring him everything will be OK when I know full well it may not. It is so frustrating!