• Administrators
Familys are difficult. I think because they become accustomed to the behaviour when the child is young and they are not there 24/7 like us parents are they like you say, expect them to grow out of it but my moms pretty good. She really sees his behaviour is different especially when she has him at hers for an afternoon. If you give him 1-1 and abide by his rules (sounds stupid to say that about a 3yr old...) he can be very pleasent and loving but if you dont then all hell breaks lose!! He has a tendancy to pair things up quickly, like people with cars? put a bunch infront of him and he'll stick a certain man in a certain car and thats it they have to stay that way.....the cdc tried to get him to swap them and he ended up screaming and throwing them all at them or taking a swipe at the womans face!! its distrssing to watch as a parent but he just doesnt 'get it' when you try and explain or tell him to stop so now i just tend to clear things away and leave him to paddy it out, i know nothing can really console him!

Does your son ever behave this way in school?? i'm scared they won't cope with him when he does altho the school i'm sending him to has an outreach unit for disabled children and are very good with inclusion if he's aggressive...what will they do???

xx

• VIP
School was the one thing that scared me, leaving my child who struggles to communicate with strangers. However this school is all for inclusion and has a great reputation (it also happens to be my old primary!) They new before he started that he had SEN and have been fantastic at managing him. He has had agressive outbursts. Noah tends to throw objects/clear surfaces when a meltdown is brewing. They have gotten to know him and built up a good relationship with him. As long as they are aware of any calming techniques you may have/use they will impliment these. He usually gets removed from class to a quiet area to ride it out. When he's ready he then has a cuddle and goes back!
Sorry for quick reply im just off out the door to Speech Therapy! Will pop back later x

• Moderators
i think you may be out of luck regarding parents in stoke, As far as i know i am the only other stokie at the moment29
matt is nearly 17 and has quite severe autism, limited speech, behaviour problems and all the other stuff that goes along with it lol. matt went to heathfield special needs in chell heath from the age of three and he really enjoyed it but not as much as he enjoys blackfriars fe college he cant wait to get up in the morning and i think i am going to have a long night on sunday as he is usually so excited to go back after hols he wont sleep all night hehe.
i am on here most days so will catch u when you in
corinne 22
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
Hi Corinne
Its just nice to know Im not alone! lol
Noah attends fantastic primary school that has great sucess with inclusion and supporting disabled children which he loves (a bit like Matt from the sounds of things!)
He has limited speech, poor social interaction skills and behaviour problems. I have heard lots of good things about Blackfrairs and might look into it for when Noah is older. At this age other children are very accepting (quite unknowing) of disabilities but I do worry about when he gets to secondary school age and I know from experience teenagers can be so cruel. Its a long way off yet but I like to know my options!

• Moderators
i think as a rule teenagers are getting better or i am just lucky, it helps that matt is a good looking lad (so i am told) and will grin at everyone so its hard to pick on him. i think because inclusion is becoming so popular Children grow up knowing this is normal and dont blink, Children usually pick on things they dont understand if its part of their everyday life they dont.
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.