• Moderators
direct payments are a way to pay for respite if you dont get any as this way you get to choose your childs carer and what they do ie go swimming or taking them to the park or just child minding at home while you go out for a break.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/financialsupport/DG_10016128
there is a difference between direct payment and direct payments the first is just having your benefit paid into the bank and the second is about choosing your own care package so if you phone the benefits agency make sure they know which one u asking about Smile
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
(02-17-2010, 11:01 PM)corinne Wrote: there is a difference between direct payment and direct payments

You would think they would name them slighlty diffrent ie direct payment and direct payment extra???Confused
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
ok thanks for that i will have to have a look into it

• Moderators
(02-18-2010, 04:14 AM)Daniel Wrote:
(02-17-2010, 11:01 PM)corinne Wrote: there is a difference between direct payment and direct payments

You would think they would name them slighlty diffrent ie direct payment and direct payment extra???Confused

you telling me, i phoned up benefit agency to get info on direct payments and she was going on about do you have a bank account and what payments do you want to use direct payment for, when i told her i wanted it for respite she hadnt got a clue lol
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
(02-18-2010, 06:31 PM)corinne Wrote: when i told her i wanted it for respite she hadnt got a clue lol
There buffoons sometimes Big Grin
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE