• Administrators
Really? goodness, theres being healthy then theres being extreme. No sugar in custard sounds awfull! (as does the curry :S) Euan will try some things but they have to be with his favourite food which is potato (all varieties) he eats chips and LOVES mash but the only meat I can get him to eat is sausage, probably because it doesn't take much effort to chew! He would eat them for all 3 meals if he could get away with it. He is however getting better at eating fruit and veg much to my amazement. I find it difficult though having an older child, she doesn't understand why her brother will be given anything just to get him to eat while she has to eat as we do! (i have to give him anything because of his other medical condition, otherwise he would have to go back on the feeding pump to keep his weight up!)

Lucy xx

• Administrators
Would the school consider special dietary requirements at all?
So you could pick off a menu for the week ahead?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
(10-16-2009, 03:30 PM)MaggieMay Wrote: Hi Loulou Smile

If you are having problems with the school, have a look here http://www.parentpartnership.org.uk/. They offer excellent advice and can act as an impartial go-between to help solve problems.

If you have already applied for DLA, wait to see what they come back with. If it's not what you are hoping for then you can appeal in light of the incorrect information being given to them you would have a good case.

As Daniel has already asked, is he Statemented?

damm your good...just going to suggest parent partnership! Smile

• VIP
Parent partnership never answer the phone!! lol

Have rang them today as the school are telling me to keep my son off from school when I think necessary - if in a bad mood etc.

I have heard that this is informal exclusion. They have sent him home twice this week already due to behaviour.

Stress stress and more stress.

• Administrators
(10-23-2009, 01:31 PM)loulou Wrote: Parent partnership never answer the phone!! lol

Have rang them today as the school are telling me to keep my son off from school when I think necessary - if in a bad mood etc.

I have heard that this is informal exclusion. They have sent him home twice this week already due to behaviour.

Stress stress and more stress.
I would advise they make it formalShy
Because at least then you can tackle the reason.
why are they sending home and what could they change to make it not happen?
They need to plan to ensure this is reduced.
Lou,i was unsure to suggest the education welfare previously but if they are excluding your boy i would strongly suggest getting a welfare officer involved.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE