• VIP
Hi Loulou Smile

If you are having problems with the school, have a look here http://www.parentpartnership.org.uk/. They offer excellent advice and can act as an impartial go-between to help solve problems.

If you have already applied for DLA, wait to see what they come back with. If it's not what you are hoping for then you can appeal in light of the incorrect information being given to them you would have a good case.

As Daniel has already asked, is he Statemented?

• VIP
hi Daniel and Maggie

I have recieved the statement - final - and do not agree with part 2 or 3. I am in contact with parent partnership and they are helping me with my statement.

SOME GOOD NEWS............
the teacher agreed with everything that I wrote on the letter. NEARLY. lol

He ate his school dinner today - not a problem, so she said I should change the fact that he does has food issues. I have written in the contact book 'I feel you do not agree with me but please can you give it a few more days to see the aspects of when it comes to textures,looks and smells of food'. Josh has fish in breadcrumbs and chips. He likes this food - he likes processed rubbish and an odd roast. But he will not eat things like spaghetti bolognese, and on Monday it is cottage pie or curry with pork and pineapple. Tuesday the options are all 'bitty' types of food also - which he will not eat full stop.

In the letter I put 'we are trying him out with school dinners now that he has full time 1:1 support and I am hoping that it will go well. My only concern is that he will not eat some of the cooked foods due to textures,looks and smells.

I don't think that the above is unreasonable, so I hope she watches him on both Monday and tuesday to understand why I wrote that in the letter.

She also told me to write ' Joshua appears more classically autistic then the teacher had first realised'. Or worded to that effect.

But at least she has agreed that he does not take part in all school activities, needs constant supervision all day and does not have PE. And if he were to have PE he would need full time supervision in order to intervene due to his social communications difficulties and lack of understanding. So its a start!

Headaches!

• Administrators
Before i read this post again and post....
Even i would not eat Pineapple curry with porkConfused
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Daniel dateline='' Wrote: Before i read this post again and post....

Big Grin Big Grin

Totally agree!

• VIP
(10-16-2009, 04:21 PM)Daniel Wrote: Before i read this post again and post....

Sounds disgusting huh!! Poor children lol

Jamie Oliver has a lot to answer for.

Do you know that the dinner ladies are not allowed to put sugar in the custard - not one bit and no butter on the bread Huh

Josh needs fattening up - give him the butter and sugar!! He's a walking runner bean!