• VIP
I am really angry with my school. On the DLA report they sent the SENCO, she ticked he takes part in PE and ALL school activities.

Well he does not have PE at all at the moment and for the past few months was only having rebound therapy. When he was having PE, he needed constant supervision as he misinterpreted other children and their actions. He does not understand the social rules of games and I have reports that state how upset he became just because another child could not catch a ball. He has a serious issue with aggression and needs supervision all the time. Yet they never explained this in the form to the DLA.

He has not been ALLOWED school dinners for the past year and a quarter due to health and safety reasons. So when I spoke to the school earlier they were of no help. The new teacher said he could have school dinners as he seems fine with food - trial run- so I said ok. This will at least show them what trouble he has when it comes to cooked food. Tomorrow it is fish and chips which he does eat but I cannot wait until Monday when he kicks off so bad as it is pork and pineapple curry or cottage pie. Then they will see what I am saying. He will not even have it on his plate. He can't even cut his food up and he is 7. He still eats with his fingers but can use a fork - jut doesn't like it as much as his fingers.

No school trips unless I am present. The last one he had to miss as I could not take him in the car down to the seaside. All the other Children went on the coach.

No play at all with school, he is in a secluded outside area with 2 other boys who he does not play with.

It has made me look damn stupid I am sure, in the eyes of the DLA.

Anyone know what I can do about this??Sad

Lou x

• Administrators
Hi Lou,
Do you currently have an education welfare officer who helps you with anything?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
(10-16-2009, 08:04 AM)Daniel Wrote: Hi Lou,

Hi Daniel. I have never heard of one!! Where do you get one from?

Thanks, Lou

• Administrators
(10-16-2009, 08:11 AM)loulou Wrote:
(10-16-2009, 08:04 AM)Daniel Wrote: Hi Lou,

Hi Daniel. I have never heard of one!! Where do you get one from?

Thanks, Lou

Im partially wondering if i suggested the right thing there.
As i know they can assist but getting one to take on a case can be difficult unless the childs behaviour or development is suffering as a result.
Say for example you refused to send your son to school until they sorted it they would be a good contact as they would come to meetings etc and liase with the LEA and school on all issues and can be handy.

Give me a hour or so to think about whats best for you,maybe IPSEA and getting the statement amended?

• Administrators
Have you got a SEN in place?
If so when was this written and is it still meeting your childs needs?