• VIP
(02-11-2010, 11:06 PM)Daniel Wrote: From a parents point of view what would everybody say would push somebody to the edge like this?

I've had some extreamly bad days, but i dont think i would ever be pushed to the edge were i was going to kill or even hurt my children.
But god only knows what that women was going through and why she felt the need to do things the way she did.
I do not think her actions was right, i think it was a sick sick thing to do however i dont blame the mum for her actions, as lack of help and support and taunts flying in about her family, from everywere would proberbly push us all to the end of our teathers.

Some people just dont realise what help and support they have, even if its not from professionals and i for 1, im lucky to have the care and support from my family.. and to be honest i properbly wudnt know were to turn if i never had that support.

But as Other poster states i do fear, others bullying my child when hes older as he is different to the others.. x

• Moderators
i think that a lot of the times when we read about a mother (and its usually the mother not the father) killing their autistic child its usually at the same time they are killing themselves. personally the one time i thought about it i had been to the hospital for an appointment and was due to go on holiday the next day the consultant said to me if i had gone away i wouldnt have survived the journey and at the time matt was totally dependant on me, wouldnt do anything for mark unless it was to do with buses and the thought did cross my mind but think the consultant was over exagerating a bit as 10 yrs later i still here lol. nobody knows what medical problems the mother has as well, i have read about mothers who have got terminal illnesses who take their Children with them as they cant see a happy life without their mother in it.

some of you worry about people not understanding when your older child has a tantrum in the supermarket or lies on the floor in the street. got to say i think they are more understanding as they get older because they know its not just a child being naughty. dont forget you can see a child having a tantrum and more often than not be able to tell the difference between a brat and a special needs full blown paddy but a lot of people cant until they are too old to get away with it.

we went to shrewsbury the other week and matt has a habit of saying hi to blonde women (mainly unless they v attractive brunettes) and we had to walk down a few sets of steps where a lot of teenagers were hanging out and matt went up to a couple of them (about 16?? cant tell nowadays) and waved and said hi with a big grin, i was waiting for a problem but they said hi to him and smiled back (i was a bit further behind as cant keep up with them) so as i passed i heard them talking to each other and they said "aww wasnt that sweet that he said hello to us" i nearly cried, lucky i didnt as next they saw me and it was "wow your hairs mint" and they were shouting their mates to look at me lol. i think that the children growing up now as they get older do have more understanding than the adults we have in the world today.

corinne Blush
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
its so sad that people are obviously not getting the help they need and cant see any otherway out Sad
a lady who lived next to my stepdad killed her son last year due to money worries Sad its so hard to understand why people do things like this but at same time i can see how without support people end up in awful situation of thinking there is no way out

ive had my days when i havent coped due to comments
such as woman in asda otherday (the cashier) she said otherweek to jack why do you need nappies your not a baby only babies have nappies then monday it was her again, she handed jack hes lunch box and he said thank you in his own way

she then started moan how rude children were not saying thankyou and about him being naughty then it came whats wrong with him something wrong he has nappies, naughty cant talk

i was so angry i gave her money and stormed off
[Image: buttonsandflowers111102.jpg]

• Moderators
(02-12-2010, 02:51 PM)xbeckyx Wrote: its so sad that people are obviously not getting the help they need and cant see any otherway out Sad
a lady who lived next to my stepdad killed her son last year due to money worries Sad its so hard to understand why people do things like this but at same time i can see how without support people end up in awful situation of thinking there is no way out

ive had my days when i havent coped due to comments
such as woman in asda otherday (the cashier) she said otherweek to jack why do you need nappies your not a baby only babies have nappies then monday it was her again, she handed jack hes lunch box and he said thank you in his own way

she then started moan how rude children were not saying thankyou and about him being naughty then it came whats wrong with him something wrong he has nappies, naughty cant talk

i was so angry i gave her money and stormed off

if you know the name of the cashier i would go to customer services and put a complaint in about her. it is her job to serve you with a smile not offer her unsolicited opinion. i would suggest to the manager of the store he gives his staff training in the fact there are disabled children in this world and they are allowed out and into shops the same as they are. if you cant bring yourself to speak to the manager yourself then i would write a letter saying that it is making you so uncomfortable that you do not enjoy shopping there
corinne
wonder if someone would hire me to drive round the country and tell all the idiots in customer services where they can stick their opinions hey a job i would really enjoy lol
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
Is it just Asda where people are rude Big Grin
Might have to start shopping at Sainsburys again Big Grin
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE