• Registered
Hi all im a mum of 3 beautiful children my oldest son is 11 and he is aspergers my daughter is 7 and has a heart condition and my youngest son is 3 and is having speech therapy for sever speech delay. This summer holidays havent exactly gone smoothly my 11 yr old has really struggled with the change in routine and the fact hes starting secondary school in september has made his anxiety levels go through the roof so his meltdowns have been frequent and violent. My youngest son is having speech therapy for a sever speech delay he has just started saying around 25 single words and the last few days hes put a few words together although not clear to understand sometimes. He saw his speech therapist today and she noticed his motor skills fine and gross were not as they should be, my son has been referred to an occupational therapist as his peadatrician has said he needs to be seen as my son will only walk 20 meters then will sit down and scream and refuse to move unless he is carried or can sit in his pushchair. He also has a bowel movement problem which he is on medication for all this with his speech delay is very hard and also looking after my other 2 im just feeling very very overwhelmed with everything ive read some research on dyspraxia of movement or DCD as they call it and it breaks my heart that he might have to go through all this in his life just like my 11 yr old son is i guess im just trying to get my head around all of this, my husband works 50 hours plus a week so im on my own most of the time with the Children i do all the therapy appointments i do all the meetings at the schools i do all the doctors appointments ive called in social services for help but they arent exactly being proactive ive called my social worker everyday for the last 3 days and i cant get hold of her i know im going to have to put my big girl pants on and woman up as my mum says but sat here tonight with my 3 yr old by my side as he doesnt sleep its all dawned on me what our life as a family is going to be like and im just wondering how we will get through this sorry for the moan it just breaks my heart that my babies all have struggles and i cant fix any of them if that makes any sense xx

• Registered
(08-19-2015, 11:19 PM)mrshorner28 Wrote: Hi all im a mum of 3 beautiful children my oldest son is 11 and he is aspergers my daughter is 7 and has a heart condition and my youngest son is 3 and is having speech therapy for sever speech delay. This summer holidays havent exactly gone smoothly my 11 yr old has really struggled with the change in routine and the fact hes starting secondary school in september has made his anxiety levels go through the roof so his meltdowns have been frequent and violent. My youngest son is having speech therapy for a sever speech delay he has just started saying around 25 single words and the last few days hes put a few words together although not clear to understand sometimes. He saw his speech therapist today and she noticed his motor skills fine and gross were not as they should be, my son has been referred to an occupational therapist as his peadatrician has said he needs to be seen as my son will only walk 20 meters then will sit down and scream and refuse to move unless he is carried or can sit in his pushchair. He also has a bowel movement problem which he is on medication for all this with his speech delay is very hard and also looking after my other 2 im just feeling very very overwhelmed with everything ive read some research on dyspraxia of movement or DCD as they call it and it breaks my heart that he might have to go through all this in his life just like my 11 yr old son is i guess im just trying to get my head around all of this, my husband works 50 hours plus a week so im on my own most of the time with the Children i do all the therapy appointments i do all the meetings at the schools i do all the doctors appointments ive called in social services for help but they arent exactly being proactive ive called my social worker everyday for the last 3 days and i cant get hold of her i know im going to have to put my big girl pants on and woman up as my mum says but sat here tonight with my 3 yr old by my side as he doesnt sleep its all dawned on me what our life as a family is going to be like and im just wondering how we will get through this sorry for the moan it just breaks my heart that my babies all have struggles and i cant fix any of them if that makes any sense xx

Hi there, i've only just signed up to this page. I was lead to it after googling feeling overwhelmed looking after my two boys who have chronic life long illnesses and disability. It lead me to your post and I could really relate to it. Especially the part about big girl pants lol - that's what my sister always says to me (she has 3 grown up children and is 11yrs older).
How are things with you now as I see you posted this a while ago? xx