• Registered
i must say im finding it difficult at times and im still learning and as my son is so younge im unsure on what will come of the future he is only 2 and im thinking of how he will cope in school and what help and support he will need wen he is older unfutunatly after all the tests he has had its still the unknown all we know is its something do do with his cromazones but even the doctors cant tell me what kind of out come it will be i still have a lot to learn but my son is the most happiest child and to me that all that counts

• Established member
Hi it is hard not knowing what your child has, because you want to try and prepare yourself for when they get older and to know what your childs possibilties are.You say your doctors think it could be to do with cromazones(sp) if you feel able to share your sons development so far(can he walk,talk,ect) people on here might be able to suggest different things as there are so many different syndromes to do with them.When i didnt know what my daughter had it was the worse time but the doctors usalley find out in the end.and remember it is all that matters that your child is happy as that will keep you happy. Nat

• VIP
i felt relieved when my son was diagnoised with austim as it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. although life with a disabled child is very hard and i total agree with how you all feel as it can be extremely challenging and difficult and sometimes i feel like im hitting my head against a brick wall. one thing i have learnt is not to waste time worrying what my child can t do but look at all the things he can do and be proud of him no matter if he is different to others. although sometimes this can be hard especially if Charlie is having a bad day. you always have to fight though for what you need, want etc which is so annoying.
Smile .. smile life is too short ..Smile

• Registered
his doctor just said he has part of a cromazone missing but its not been heard of as yet so doesnt have a name for it and they dont have any information as to what it affects with mckenzie he is also listed of having globel devepmental delay he has just turned 2 and he is very behind on everything but he is moving forward slowly Smile i think its not that he wont ever do it i just think it will take in that bit long to do it but tbh i really dont no