• Registered
Hello Everyone I'm new!!

I currently live in a 3 bedroom Housing Association property, I have 4 children 3 boys and a girl, My oldest son is 16, my daughter is 11 and then i have 2 other boys 9 and almost 3. My 3 year old has spina bifida and hydrocephalus. We have recently had a social services OT assesment to see if any changes could be made to our house. As we live in a mid terrace house on a slope no adaptions can be made and it is recommended that we move. My son cannot manage the stairs and has severe continence problems we therefore need a bungalow with an adapted bathroom. The housing association have been informed by social services that we need to move somewhere more suitable for my son's needs. We recently had a lady from the housing come out to assess, she said that we would be put in gold band, I have had a letter today stating that we are to be kept in silver band ! I am so upset, i can't keep carrying him up the stairs all day, i have already been hospitalised due to my back problems. Any one have any advice PLEASE, I'M DESPERATE!!!

• Registered
I don't know much about housing association rules and how the gold and silver bands work, but there is a lot of information about council housing priorities and housing rules on here that may help you.

If I was in your position my first move would be to use the 'if you have any queries please contact us on....' contact number on the letter you received about being in the silver band. You can ask them their reasons for your allocation and ask if its possible to move your band. If that doesn't work get in touch with the housing person who came out to your house and ask them why you've been put in a different band to what they said.

It might not be anything to worry about. When I first applied for to go onto the council housing list with medical priority I received a letter stating that I had been placed in the standard housing need. This was until the next monthly housing allocation meeting for medical needs where my allocation was changed to the highest need. You may already be in the higher band but are simply waiting for the red tape process to go through the motions before receiving confirmation. The only way to find out would be to speak to them.