• Banned
corinne my husband was made redundant but they messed him about so now he is matthews carer and we are on income support there is no way he can go back to work as i couldnt cope with the 2 boys on my own.

• Moderators
(02-04-2010, 11:02 AM)Karen Wrote: corinne my husband was made redundant but they messed him about so now he is matthews carer and we are on income support there is no way he can go back to work as i couldnt cope with the 2 boys on my own.

yeah, the annoying thing is he was offered redundancy some years ago and after we talked he decided to take it but his work withdrew the offer as he is so important to the company which is why they let him drop his hours to go to uni, they were going to pay him while at uni but it would have meant he had to work during the hols so we said no to that.
if they would make him redundant or even sack him it would take the decision off mark but you get stuck in a job and cant move on, it isnt even a job he planned on he used to be in engineering but got made redundant when the factories were closing down round here and this was only job he could find it was supposed to be temporary lol that was 18 yrs ago. he did do computer repairs there for a while until they changed over machines so his job is a bit nondescript, he is a team leader with no team under him lol but only way they could pay him over the basic wage as they couldnt drop his wages as if a machine needs sorting or the computer needs figureing? he is the one who does it.
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
Is it something he could do on a self employed basis?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Moderators
(02-04-2010, 05:15 PM)Daniel Wrote: Is it something he could do on a self employed basis?

he has thought about it as there arent many places that do this, where he works was a small company then got bought out by a big company but still only 2 places do this, thing is he doesnt really enjoy the work which is why he was doing the uni course,
not being v helpful am i lol think he would be better having some time off with stress then getting a job shelf stacking or something and trying to finish his uni course by which time matt will be at residential college if he keeps being a pain lol
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
The reason i asked is that if he were self employed from home lets say he puts an ad online and then trys to market his business then he would be classed as self employed.
If he is self employed he could claim tax credits and declare his income as £0.00 whilst he is earning nothing(I.E trying to get the business off the ground)
He would then be eligible for tax credits which is usually higher than the ESA!
Just a thought!
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE