• Registered
I would identify the actual hours as a reasonable adjustment, if Mark is 'better' earlier in the day and more likely to cope with the work-place then that's where the case will stand.
It could be the time of day that his medication is most efective, or when he is less likely to worry about you, or if he only manages a few hours sleep and is too tired after 2pm each day to travel back from work.
Reasonable adjustment isnt just about the physical set-up and they could well be in breach of DDA if they fail to recognise this.
Change of care needs for a disabled child is also a valid reason to be specific over the hours worked BUT if he ever wanted to return to full time work it would be harder to demonstrate the need no longer being there.

• Moderators
thanks fatherjack, i found a form on that site you recommended (waving not drowning) this afternoon that we are going to print out just wanted confirmation that we werent being unreasonable requesting a different flexible work than what seems to me to be very inflexible, Mark would still have to get up at 7am during college days to help get matt ready for college (matt wont get out of bed for me), if he stayed in bed i would have to get up even earlier as bus picks him up at 7.45 and we just about manage it with 5 mins to spare lol and in the holidays matt isnt an early riser anyway unless we going out for a trip so even when up matts moods are good in morning.
tbh they have said if he ever wants to return to full time work they will welcome him back (not many there that can do every job in the place hehe) but will worry about that if/when time comes
Heart corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
Good luck to you both sorting it all out. If I can help with specifics or draft replies covering the legal points to awkward letters etc just drop me a line :o)

• Moderators
i have spoken to marks brother who works with him and he has said he would be happy to do job share and go part time too (lives with 82yr old mother who can barely walk) this way they would only need to advertise for the team leader job that mark wouldnt be able to do even if he did the hours they suggested as they need a full timer. thanks for the help hun
corinne

the job is scanning, indexing and all that stuff everything that needs to go on to cd's for backup so they can share the job without any problems really as brother in law is actually doing his own job and marks at moment (well as much as he can as he only one who knows what to do)
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.