• VIP
I'm sure I've put a thread up on here before but can't find it! I'm trying to get a quote for travel insurance for disneyland, and typically am having issues with the medical conditions! And not the ones I thought I would struggle with! Two of my children have asthma, for my daughter its an extra £3 on the premium but for my son its £40 extra!!
I was trying to work out why, as all the answers are the same re medication and hospital admissions ect, apart from the one where it asks if you can walk 200 metres without getting short of breath. Obviously at this point for my son I have to answer 'unable to walk due to an unrelated medical condition'.
Is this fair? I've tried a few different ones and its all the same!
Can anyone recommend an insurer please? We're only going for 3 days!
Heart Raising the awareness of encephalitis, one baby step at a time.....Heart

• Established member
are you doing this online? i suggest you ring up and do it over the phone/face to face and see if its a better outcome from experience its better to talk to somebody in person if not then unfortunatley you would have to pay for it just incase he was to have problems with his asthma whilst there

• Moderators
i agree with floradancinggirl, i had to phone up when getting insurance for myself i think they do these questionaires to trip you up i had to put yes for kidney problems but as my condition wasnt listed they wanted a lot more than it was worth but when i phoned up they found my condition and the fact i have been in remission meant it only cost a few pounds more.

at the end of the day matty can travel 200 metres without getting short of breath if they are charging extra because he is in a wheelchair then thats a different issue but his wheelchair has nothing to do with his asthma and thats the question they are challenging. if you dont get a helpful person on the phone ask to speak to their supervisor or someone who is experienced with disabled insurance
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Moderators
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
thats the one, thanks corrine! I dont mind paying a bit more due to the medical issues, I just don't agree that I have to pay more for the same condition between 2 of my children, if they were both an extra £3 then thats fine, but to charge £40 just because Matty is in a wheelchair makes no sense to me?!
Heart Raising the awareness of encephalitis, one baby step at a time.....Heart