• Registered
hi as the title says im a very upset mummy at the mo. we have been tryin 4 over a yr 2 get our son diagnoised either adhd or asd and his psychologist said hes lookin down the adhd line so he asked a play thearpist 2 come and c us well after a long chat with her going through everythin from my pregnancy with our son 2 present shes come 2 the conclussion that theres nothin wrong with him as its only me that he kicks off 4 the most and im the only 1 he psyically attacks and that cause i had severe pnd and i didnt bond with him till he was 2 1/2 then he moved nursery then we had our daughter that hes just kickin off cause he feels pushed out.

he loves his sister hes very protective over her and i just feel like the worlds worst mum sorry just had 2 get it off my chest x

• Administrators
The play threapist has no right to say that to you in anyway!
I actually nearly broke the forum rules myself then by saying a simple word starting with B and ending with X
We are going through this process now and i tell you its the most tiring and frustrating process there is,and our son has complex medical needs because of another condition but this assesment procedure is harder than the medical side of things,and doctors just dont believe you when you tell them whats happening!
They see a postcard of our children and we have the feature film of all episodes and drama's that arise.
I think the whole system is disgusting to the CORE!
It appears they are avoiding diagnosis in many cases to save money,WHY ELSE WOULD A PERSON FOR THE EDUCATION AUTHORITY DO THE ASSESMENTS?
Why not an independent person working for the Nhs?
I know my son has issues and they gave us the favourite line about parenting classes,well they need to go on assesment classes!
Im now really considering going to BIBIC for an independent assesment to speed up the process.
Keep with it and dont give up and dont by any means blame yourself!
Keep fighting them and dont give up and if your not happy explain the reasons for this to them and if needs be ask for another assesment at another assesment or by another team
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Moderators
hmmmmmmm i echo Daniel in his need to swear lol

i didnt suffer pnd, i bonded no problems with matt, he went to a college nursery before i placed him in special school at 3 which was a big change,
ok that part was not to brag lol

if you asked at matts school/college/respite he is the most loving, happy child. yeah thats because he saves his moods/rages for his mother. even when its his dad that has done something wrong its me that he will attack and has done from day one. i have scars on my arms where he bit chunks out of me when he was about 3 and bearing in mind i was breastfeeding at the time you can imagine how scary that was lol.
matt has NEVER attacked a child especially one younger than him unless he is being constantly attacked and he will give one hit and thats it. he occasionally will attack hubby but not often as he will wait for me. so from a parent to a "expert" what she said is total tosh.
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
i think this type of behaviour from so-called professionals would make even the most placid person want to say many a forbidden word! lol

sending you loads of hugs to cheer you up & always remember "mum knows best" & we are the experts & voice of experience when it comes to our Children so dont let them get to you or make you doubt yourself hun!

luv em xxx Smile

• Registered
(02-03-2010, 11:43 PM)emmajay78 Wrote: i think this type of behaviour from so-called professionals would make even the most placid person want to say many a forbidden word! lol

sending you loads of hugs to cheer you up & always remember "mum knows best" & we are the experts & voice of experience when it comes to our Children so dont let them get to you or make you doubt yourself hun!

luv em xxx Smile

hi guys sorry its taken me so long 2 reply but ive had a few bad days with my son. im just still gobsmacked that she came 2 that conclusion im just hopin that his 6 play sessions will make her realise that there is somethin else going on. its just so hard wen u blame urself already then they tell u that its ur fault well im sorry i didnt ask 2 have severe pnd its not my fault i had 2 go bk 2 work then our son had 2 move nursery i couldnt help any of those thins but would it really of made any difference tbh deep down i dont think it would of.

im just findin it a struggle with my son at the mo he told me the other day he wishes i was dead all cause i asked him 2 tidy his room then he came flyin down the stairs threw himself on the floor started bangin his head and screaming all manner of thins at me i practically had 2 pin him 2 the floor 4 his own safety. i want help and support not criticism bein a parent is hard enough let alone bein a pasrent of a child with adhd/asd or woteva our son has.

sorry just needed 2 vent a little hope u guys r all ok xx